progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2422 by fging
Thu May 20, 2021 1:50 pm
I am encountering a problem with copybase command as it does not use the base point selected. It asks for the base point, but does not consider it when pasting the entities. As a reference, check Autocad LT 2015 behavior.
I have been using Progecad for years now and the same issue has never been fixed nor discussed in time.
#2423 by jouni
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:26 am
Hello

Have you tried COPYBASE and the PASTEORIG? It does not work if you just PASTE.
This has always behaved as it is meant.
Progecad 2006-2020.

Jouni
#2424 by fging
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:05 pm
Thank you very much. I thought that it was the same as Autocad.
#2425 by fging
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:28 pm
I tried to find this pasteorig command from HELP menu, but it does not exist. Where can I find the definition of such commands ?
#2426 by fging
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:29 pm
Hi again Jouni,

after numerous tests, it is definitely Copybase in ProgeCADthat does not work properly. Pasteorig is intended to paste in relationship with the origin of the drawing from which come the copied entities. If ever you copybase with a different basepoint than the origin, pasteorigin will paste according to the origin, not according to that different basepoint.

I tried many ways to paste according to the selected base point and I never succeded.

Try copybase in Autocad and paste it (with windows paste command, which is a very handsome procedure) and it will always paste according to the selected base point.

I would like to advise CADDIT about this bug.
#2427 by jouni
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:21 am
Hello

I tried these commands in Autocad and they behave just like in Progecad.

COPYCLIP and PASTEORIG will copy the selected objects to the same coordinates than the originals are.

COPYBASE and PASTECLIP will ask the new coordinates for the selected basepoint.

So I can not understand what is not working. Have you tried to repair your installation? What is your Progecad version?
#2428 by fging
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:33 pm
Hi Jouni,

sorry to tell you that you are wrong.

I am using version 2021. First, there is no description of pasteorig in the help menu.

On the other hand, in Autocad, in paperspace for instance:

In a first layout, you copybase and choose 0,0 as the base point (while your objects are at 14,0) and when you paste them on a second layout while telling Autocad to paste in relationship with 0,0, the objects are pasted at 14,0. In Progecad, they are pasted at 0,0.

This is certainly not the same behavior.

Regards
#2430 by jouni
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 am
Hi fging

Sorry, I couldn't verify your example with pcad2021. I don't have it. In pcad2020 I could. All went as you said. Even in paperspace.