MATHCAD, Geomagic Freeform, Mecsoft VisualCAM & CAD CAM CNC software support discussion forum. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, evanish, Moderators

#1752 by Tonez
Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:11 am
Hello all... Hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction here.

I have put together an assembly using parametric modelling. It's a toybox for my graddaughter made from planks, frames and a hinged lid - looks a bit like a pirate's chest.

The components (such as frame rails, tongue and groove planks etc) are designed as individual components with arbitrary dimensions held in external variables.

Each component is used multiple times in the assembly and final dimensions of the box are contained in variables at the assembly level, so I can simply adjust the outer dimensions of the box and all the components change to accommodate the revised box size.

The model works fine. However what I would now like to do is produce drawings of each component, but with dimensions taken from the assembly level.

Have I gone about this in the right way?

Any help much appreciated.
Tonez

(T-Flex ver 11 - 64 bit Windows 7)

#1756 by Tonez
Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 am
Thanks again Caddit, but I'm still a little confused... I have my assembly there in the 3D view and I want to place one of its fragments on the 2D drawing page. I have created the 2D page, it's called "Page 1".

So, on that 2D page I call Draw -> 2D Projection - > Projection Tab -> Selected Elements. In that "Projected Elements" space I see only an elipsis (...) I cannot seem to be able to populate that list with the elements I want to project.

Sometimes from the 3D view I can select a face or edge, but never a complete fragment.

What am I missing?
#1763 by Tonez
Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:27 pm
Aah, yes. I see now. Both the video and the explanation are very useful.

Your help is much appreciated

Thank you.