progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#979 by seasdes
Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:00 pm
I am finding that on some drawings, the paperspace viewports move on their own in relation to the print area. Anyone else experiencing this. Is there a solution?
Seasdes
#1040 by ellie
Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:43 pm
i am having the same problem both with 2010 & 2009
#1045 by caddit
Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 am
Hello ellie,

We have reviewed your DWG files and think that we see what you mean... But the drawing layouts with behaviour you describe all seem have the plot region set to either "window" or "current view", but then that window/current view was not properly defined/saved for that layout..

Try this. Please switch to one of the layouts with viewports that "move on their own". Then, in the "Scale/View" tab of the progeCAD "Print Settings" dialogue, try setting "Print Area" to "Extents", for example. Make sure printer's paper size is at A3 (this seems to be what you are using) and orientations are all set to "landscape", then click "Apply to layout".

You may wish to review the progeCAD Help section entitled "Specifying a portion of the drawing to print".

Afterwards you can try saving and re-opening the file, too, to make sure it works for you. Seems to work OK for the viewports I checked, at least under the latest refresh version 10.0.6.23 of progeCAD which we released this week.

Hope this helps.

#1048 by ellie
Sun May 02, 2010 3:28 pm
sorry , no , that didn't work . paper size still changes back to A4 even though it was saved as you suggested . viewports ( particularly those where i have changed the viewport ucs ) still revert back to world ucs even though said viewports are locked . ??

#2104 by Orange
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 am
What format are you printing on? If 11"x17", try A3 instead

Try also to put a second viewport on the paper space, pointing to no elements in model space, and freeze it.
#2107 by Orange
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm
[quote="caddit"]

Try this. Please switch to one of the layouts with viewports that "move on their own". Then, [b]in the [url=http://help.caddit.net/progecad.php?kb=IUI_Hch14526]"Scale/View" tab[/url] of the progeCAD "Print Settings" dialogue, try setting "Print Area" to "Extents", for example.[/b] Make sure printer's paper size is at A3 (this seems to be what you are using) and orientations are all set to "landscape", then click "Apply to layout".
[/quote]

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have set Extends, the Viewport moves when I press Apply to Layout. If I put the Viewport back to it's place, then press Apply to Layout again, it goes to the same place back again. I use the A3 format.

I don't know how to attach a file, I can send a simple dwg showing this.

This happens in Progecad 9 (9.0.28.8 ) and I also downloaded the trial version of Progecad 10 (10.0.12.3) and using the same DWG file, I does the same issue.

See this other thread
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627

#2110 by caddit
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 am
Hi Orange,

Unfortunately we are no longer able to support this version in our lab to do any testing with.

progeCAD technology has moved on quite significantly from 2009 and many of these issues have long been resolved in newer releases.

#2112 by Orange
Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm
[quote="caddit"]Hi Orange,

Unfortunately we are no longer able to support this version in our lab to do any testing with.

progeCAD technology has moved on quite significantly from 2009 and many of these issues have long been resolved in newer releases.[/quote]

Thanks, it's been fixed in this thread http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627

It was the same issue in Progecad 10. I use this older versions of Progecad that are simpler to work with.