ZW3D Australia user support forum for all modules from CADDIT.net. ZW3D is a low-cost 3D hybrid parametric and direct modeling tool with integrated CNC machining.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2395 by Ken Russ
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:05 pm
HI
I have a sheet metal loft of a metal pole. Obviously to get the sheet metal to loft there has to be a gap or break in the sheet metal to allow it to unfold.
When I try to do the top down modelling the reference line is broken as well, which stops the program from extruding a solid. \
How do I get the reference line to close the gap.
I could do this in interventor so hoping there is a command I can't find in ZW3D.
Still on 2017 version
Thanks
Ken. :D
#2397 by caddit
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:12 am
Hi Ken,

Can you upload a screenshot of your reference geometry so that we can have a look?

Also, are you using sheet metal lofted flange for extrusion, or just model extrude?

I hope that we understand the question correctly, perhaps more detail will help.
#2398 by Ken Russ
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 am
Hi
I have attached two graphics this response.
One of the full pole and the other with just the top face.
The process was fully in Sheet Metal.
I placed a second datum 22800mm above the first.
Created a 12 sided object top and bottom with a 1.5mm break in one side of the object on each.
Then lofted them in sheet metal.
Now I would like to create the top plate in a top down assembly. I had created the reference geometry on the top face, which obviously has a break in the line on the face with the gap. This is the gap I can't seem to get to join. When I use the line tool in the sketch, it picks up the end points of the gap and allows me to draw the line, however when I go to extrude there is no drawing to extrude.
Unfortunately with playing with it repeatedly I corrupted the file and the assembly drawing opens as a fully black screen.
Hopefull this explains my process and problem a bit better.
Thanks
Ken.
Attachments
Top Graphic.png
Top Graphic.png (128.46 KiB) Viewed 145792 times
Full Pole.png
Full Pole.png (108.42 KiB) Viewed 145792 times