Geomagic Design 3D CAD modelling and Mecsoft Visual Mill CNC software - local Australia technical support.

Moderators: caddit, progeCAD.de, Moderators

#1192 by Leon
Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:35 am
I drew some rectangular perspex covers with a few holes drilled around the outside (the outside holes are drilled then self tappers are used to hold the work piece down to a sheet of MDF to allow the part to be profile cut from the stock).

The software has generated an extra hole at centre of each rectangle - these are obviously not round holes but it has made a hole at the centre of the part.

I need to be able to only select the round holes - I seem to be only able to select the round holes if they are on a flat surface. If they are not on the surface but only on the waste material outside the work piece, how can I select only them and ensure that the centre of the part is not drilled?

I am confused as I made a few similar parts last week and they were all fine - it seems to have suddenly decided the drill any centre it can find
#1195 by caddit
Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 pm
Hello Leon,

For this I might suggest creating the two sets of holes using two separate sketches, and select the feature sketch you would like to drill out via "select Drill Points/Circles".

I don't see a avoid region option in drilling like I do in profile cutting, so for safety I would keep these two different feature sets on two different sketches - one to be drilled and one not.

Recent Topics

User avatar Reloading ProgeCad2016

by caddit

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Default Avatar Start ProgeCad by C# dll Error

by ftauto

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:44 pm

User avatar Mathcad Prime 4.0 Released

by caddit

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 pm

User avatar Lisp routine help

by caddit

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Default Avatar Classic/Ribbon menu help

by SClapham

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:04 am

Twitter

About Us

Welcome to Ausstralia/New Zealand's CADDIT CAD software forum. CAD CAM Forum for support and discussion regarding AutoCAD, progeCAD IntelliCAD, Geomagic Freeform, Mathcad, CNC software.

This forum offers free support for progeCAD by qualified technical staff. Thank you for visiting.

CADDIT.net

The CADDIT.net team