Geomagic Design 3D CAD modelling and Mecsoft Visual Mill CNC software - local Australia technical support.

Moderators: caddit, progeCAD.de, Moderators

#882 by jorhan
Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:20 am
Hello,

Can anybody assist with the 'fillet' command used in 3D 'sketch' mode? I have created an object I want to run a fillet through but cant seem to do this when following the steps outlined in the free tute. Is there anybody with some experience who can advise?

Regards,
John

#884 by jorhan
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 am
Hi there,

Ok, I have a 3D part (a simple rectanglular prism). I am in 3D sketch mode and I want to 'sculpt' or 'shave' a piece out of the rectangle prism edge. In other words, I want to dynamically 'cut' a chunk out of the prism using 3D sketch mode.

Also, whilst I have your attention, how can I place a part on top of another part I.e; lets say I have an 'I' piece and I want to put a flat object on top of the 'I' to form a 'T' piece. I cant seem to do this in 2 or 3D sketch mode. Do I need to define another axis? Or do I need to 'mate' the part (extrusion) on top??

Please advise.

Kind regards,
John Orhan
#885 by caddit
Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:14 am
Hello,

#1 dynamic 3d sketch: I am not aware of such function in Alibre Design. The workspace won't update until the designer exits out of the sketch mode. Any changes made to the part will then show once the sketch is completed and sketch mode is exited.

#2 Orienting two parts in relationship to each other. This is an assembly function in Alibre. Basically, Alibre offers two different work flow types for defining 3d mechanical part assemblies: "quick" constraint mode and "explicit" mode.

In a sentence, to use Alibre Quick Constraint mode for defining assembly relationships, Press CTRL-Q and select the face of the first part of the relationship. The selected surface should turn green indicating its selection. "drag and drop" the part (holding down the mouse button) along the second part surface and select it (by releasing the mouse button). An option box will appear for defining the type of relationship defined (i.e. parallel tangent etc)

Alibre offers users a free tutorial training video on how to apply assembly constraints here:
http://download.alibre.com/training/videos/frt/3_2_building_assembly_one.avi

http://download.alibre.com/training/videos/frt/3_3_assembly_constraints.avi

Maybe have a look at these?

#886 by jorhan
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:02 am
Thanks,

I will download the tutorials from work and try them out.

Kind regards,
jorhan
#887 by scanf
Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am
jorhan,

To protect your privacy I removed the mobile number from this public forum. If you still want to post it you can re-edit the previous message.