progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#263 by htag
Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:58 am
Hi,

when I want to print my A3-layout on my A3-printer, I always have to set the paper format from A4 to A3. All other settings I made like "print style table", "center on page", "landscape" etc. progeCAD saves, so that I can use when I open the file again.
But every time I open the file, the paper size is A4, although the layout's dimensions are in A3. When I save and open the file with AutoCAD even the layout has the dimensions of A4.
How can I fix the paper size to A3?

M.
#264 by caddit
Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:45 pm
progeCAD uses Windows print API, so there are a couple of options you have.

Are you willing to set the default paper size of this A3 printer to A3 using the Windows Control Panel? Because that is where progeCAD will get that default size from.

Here is another way: If you always print from progeCAD to an A3 sheet, you can select "Previous Print" instead of "<modified>" as the initial settings to define each new plotter job (from the top right of the dialog box). Then the last settings you used in the last sheet will populate all fields of the plot command box, including paper size.