progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#225 by rgarvin
Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:17 pm
I am working with ProgeCad 2008 8.0.18.22.

I am importing a dxf file from an autocad drawing that is constructed with individual polylines. I need to 'join' the polylines together to form a 'closed' polyline drawing for use in another pcb layout program.

When I attempt to use the editpline join command I get the message
"A point is needed. Please try again:" after selecting the plines to join
and issuing the 'done' command.

I am unable to find any reference to this in the help.
Does anyone know what I need to do to allow the join command to function properly??

Thanks.
#226 by caddit
Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:01 am
Hello,

Remember progeCAD 8.0.18.22 is the Smart! version for personal use only. I am uncertian if what you need supported with the personal version of our software.

In progeCAD professional you can select a single open polyline using the "pedit" command and "Close" it. You can also "Join" connecting line or pline entities. Otherwise I might be missing what you are trying to describe. Maybe could you give us a link to a page about your project?

Here is the link for the commercial version of progeCAD:
http://www.caddit.net/store/index.php?m ... ducts_id=1

#228 by slim
Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:21 am
I too have the Smart version as you.
Just done a simple drawing with poly lines.
Them Modify > Object > Edit polylines. I got the command prompt: Select polyline to edit.
Selected a line.
Then got a list which included join, so typed 'J' followed by return.
Then followed the prompt to select the entities to join. Which I did and got the prompt 3 verticies added to polyline or words to that effect.
Is this what you did?