progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1851 by riroko2
Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:58 am
I just tried the new 2013 version of ProgeCad and tried to print one of my old drawings, which has got white text on an image background.
For some reason the text doesn't print white! It prints it in grey as ProgeCad usually displays white, if you select a white display background.

I've also tried it with a new drawing. Just draw a plane, e.g. in blue. Add some white text over the top of this plane and then print it.

I tried with printing directly to a printer and also to pdf using the ProgeCad2013 Pdf Printer. Both having the same result. The text prints in grey instead of being white.

Is this something, anyone else has experienced? Or can anyone reproduce the same issue with above instructions?

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

#1888 by riroko2
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 pm
I've just upgraded to version 7.2[13.0.6.18].

Still can't print white.

I don't know much about how difficult it is to develop the software, but I would have thought, once this problem is recognised, it shouldn't be too hard to assign the correct colour for printing.

My trial period expires in 3 days, I don't expect any new updates until then. I don't really want to commit and buy the upgrade to progeCad2013, if white objects print as grey.

Could the developers please indicate, when they think this problem will be solved with the new version?

#1889 by caddit
Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 pm
Dear riroko2,

We have confirmation from the developer that this bug is still present and in queue for a patch in version 2013. We will advise when the fix has been delivered.

Update: further information from the manufacturer indicates this fix involves code from a third party. A patch is planned but not given a date yet.