progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1839 by Stefan-G
Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm
Hi,
I upgraded from ProgeCAD 2010 to the 2011 version some days ago. I was able to start and work with it. I didn't realise my C: partition being almost out of free space.
The next day I tried to start ProgeCAD 2011 and only got a little window popping up "A general error occours" (the misspelling isn't mine) and on the top "Warning (CF-0x07)".
The 2010 version (which I retained for migrating purposes) showed the same error message (CF-0x07).
The Windows Application Error Protocol shows 4 entries at the time of the last successful run of the program (separated by some minutes; sorry it's in German):
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: icad.exe, Version: 11.0.8.32, Zeitstempel: 0x4fa79896
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: icad.exe, Version: 11.0.8.32, Zeitstempel: 0x4fa79896
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0013f1e8
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x9f4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cd9c164fc1a220
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe
Berichtskennung: a18e36e0-0809-11e2-b381-90e6ba5b34b8

The exception code indicates a memory access violation.
Only after having read the topic http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=389&highlight=cf0x07
in this forum I realized my C: partition running out of space. I re-partitioned my hard disk at once doubling the space for the C: partition.
I de-installed the 2010 version and all files and directories in AppData\Roaming. I de-installed and re-installed the 2011 version more than once. The last time, after de-installing it I removed all progeCAD related files I could find on my hard drive and used a registry cleaner to get rid of all progeCAD-entries it could find. Then I re-installed the 2011 version. To no avail, the error persists :(
Now, I am stunned. Can anybody help me?
#1842 by caddit
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 am
Dear Stefan-G,

We have discussed this issue and believe that it may be an error in your software registration.

Please re-activate progeCAD AS ADMINISTRATOR using "live" activation method (not email) with the following steps:

1. Open the Windows Start > All programs > progeCAD menu
2. Select the Register option
3. Follow the registration procedure

Just for your case, please deactivate your anti-virus/anti-spam softwares before running the registration process, they could affect it giving undesired results, the generated code not being delivered correctly.

#1843 by Stefan-G
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:56 pm
Dear Moderator,

following your instructions, ProgeCAD 2011 is up and running again without any problems :D

Thank you very much for your quick response and good advice! I really missed using the best CAD program since I worked with Generic CADD centuries ago :)

Stefan