progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#41 by jk
Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:50 am
Really?

I am not sure what good it is for software that has already been registered. Courts aren't forcing Autodesk to transfer licenses, so I image a lot of unsuspecting bidders stuck with product that won't work for them anyway.
J
#42 by caddit
Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 am
I don't think older versions of AutoCAD (this case involves version 14) required online registration to work. Probably another reason Autodesk got a bit thorny about it...
#108 by caddit
Sun May 25, 2008 10:24 am
Autodesk was defeated in the first round of this battle in Seattle US District Court, May 21 2008:

Read Vernor versus Autodesk Judgement Announcement

Interestingly, Autodesk is also resorting to more and more desperate measures to attack the Open Design Alliance:

http://www.adskvoda.com/Docket/tabid/55/Default.aspx

The issues around this ruling are complex and a final district ruling is not due until June. But it could serve as an important benchmark for similarly licensed software sold by other companies.

#130 by luther4000
Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:57 am
Well,
I guess the BIG guy thought by threatening the Little fellow he would back up and not complain.
I think it is good that people like this fights for a case like that since it gives at least the oportunity to open the debate on where are the limits of the Copyright Laws.