progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1608 by craigoz
Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 am
Hi All,

In ProgeEARTH is there a way of designing using strings eg. road centreline as a master string, and then to export this data in the form of a GENIO file?

Up to now I have only exported points eg a list of P,E,N,Z,D which is my entire model. I have been asked to produce GENIO files with reference strings which may be easier for construction.

Also, is is possible for ProgeEARTH to produce a cross section report for an alignment I have cut sections on?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Craig
#1611 by caddit
Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 pm
hi craigoz,

Currently progeEARTH does not have a way to export to a "Genio" file. This looks like a file used by LISCAD (surveying and engineering software).

They offer a way to import certain objects from AutoCAD:
http://www.liscad.com/liscad/help/see/C ... utoCAD.htm

The same program may work the same on a ProgeCAD drawing.

progeEARTH does offer a LandXML export, but only for points and DTM surfaces.

progeEARTH currently does not offer a way to export cross sections. (All of our alignments are just polylines in the drawing)

#1613 by craigoz
Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 am
Thanks for the reply, no worries.

I've been creating profiles and cross sections quite effectively and was just hoping to be able to produce the information (offset, level, etc) in a text form other than in the tables created on the drawings.

On another topic you may be able to help:

can ProgeEARTH create a DTM from a 3d .dxf ?

are there any tutorials using the Dproad tools?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Craig