progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#144 by rj
Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 am
Hi,

Recently purchased ProgeCAD (8.0.18.18).

Many drawings I formerly produced using autocad had raster images in them. The images are still viewable when opening in progeCAD and in print preview (both for Adobe PDF and colour printer) but will not show up when actually printing out. Similar problem when I create new drawing in progeCAD and have a large image embedded in it.

There is a certain point where I can reduce the photos to a smaller size that does allow them to show when printing, but this is about 1/3 size of A4 page and just not big enough in most cases for what I need.

Have tried the ProgeSOFT PDF wizard but quality is poor and large file (at 300dpi, 25MB size PDF file) or images wont print at higher resolution (1200dpi).

Is this just a limitation of progeCAD i need to accept, or am I doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

#145 by caddit
Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:23 am
Thank you very much for posting this. It has been a known bug.

We have had an experimental fix and I guess it is time to publish the link.

Click HERE to download URL to the IntelliCAD patch installer.

The only catch is that the installer is in Italian. For those with sufficient Windows experience would probably still having no problems figuring out how to use it, but I quickly did a little diagram to explain the steps in English:

After installing this progeCAD update to your own progeCAD folder location, start progeCAD again and see if you can see the images correctly. If still not or you have new issues post them here.

Hope that helps.

#147 by rj
Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 am
Hi,

Thanks. Tried installing the fix but has made no difference. Rasters still wont print either to PDF or colour printer once over a certain size (although still showing up in Print Preview).

Is the installation file very big? It seems to install very quickly, almost as though it is not installing at all.

Have tried installing/running it directly from the download, as well as saving the file to the program directory and running install from there.

I am installing the file direct to the "ProgeCAD 2008 Pro ENG" directory. Should it be installed into one of the sub-directories?

Cheers
#150 by caddit
Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 am
For reference the file "8.0.18.18Raster-Fix.exe" should be 102933 bytes in size, and it sounds like you installed it to the correct directory.

Can you send us an example file to investigate your problem more closely?

Please send the file as an attachment in email to:

Thanks