progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#846 by uraniumtiger
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 am
Hi folks,

I have a problem relating to the location of text in dimensions. I am referring to horizontal, linear dimensions. Sometimes I find that when I create such a dimension I can move the text where ever I want, to the left of the vertical dimension lines or to the right, near to the dimension lines or farther away. I can move the text around freely and I often need to be able to do that. However, in other cases I create the same type of dimension and I cannot move the text around. It can only be placed directly on top of the two vertical dimension lines or directly to the right (or in other cases to the left) of them at a short distance away. I cannot move the dimension text to the other side of the vertical dimension lines and I cannot move the text farther away; it must stay only a short distance to the right (or, in some cases, only to the left) of the vertical dimension lines. I cannot see what I am doing different in some cases versus the others to explain why in some cases I can move the text where ever I want and in other cases I am severely limited regarding where I can place the text. What is going on here? (I am using ProgeCAD 2008.)

If someone can provide an answer it would be appreciated.

-Vincent

Ok, I figured out what the problem is. In the "Dimension Settings" dialogue box, I click on the "Text" tab and then in the "Text Alignment" section I must uncheck the box for "Draw outside text horizontally." (I have been often checking boxes for "Draw outside text horizontally" and "Draw inside text horizontally" because I want all my dimension text to be horizontal but now I see that for horizontal linear dimensions I should not do this.) So, no need for help from you guys. I solved the problem. Thanks anyway.

#896 by janama
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:51 pm
Vincent - there is an option in the dimension toolbar that has the symbol of an "A" letter with a line above with arrows at each end. If you click the dimension you want to change, then click the tool you can move the dimension text to wherever you want.