progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#807 by zoomout
Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:40 am
Okay, thanks again Caddit!

Just to clarify, things like these new features, and the patches are they free once we've purchased progeCAD? i mean, if we purchase a copy of progeCAD now, do we need to pay for the software updates?
Thanks Caddit.
#815 by caddit
Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am
zoomout wrote:Just to clarify, things like these new features, and the patches are they free once we've purchased progeCAD? i mean, if we purchase a copy of progeCAD now, do we need to pay for the software updates?
Thanks Caddit.

I believe most "new" features are saved for the next 2010 version at this point.

Currently, we offer progeCAD users one progeCAD upgrade a year, which then includes access to all minor improvements during the year of its release. For example progeCAD 2009 is now at minor release level 9.0.28, there have been multiple free upgrades to the 2009 version performance until now. Patches will continue to be made for progeCAD 2009 until version 2010 is released (which isn't soon at this point).

The small upgrade fee mainly helps fund new development of current fixes and future progeCAD releases.