progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#726 by Richard Relph
Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 pm
Sorry to be a pest but how do i adjust the auto save it seems to be happening to often.
I use a lighting desing software AGI32. on completion of the design i can import it to Proge Cad to finish it off borders etc. included in the import are lists. most of the time all is ok but occasionaly the text dissapeers, regen wont find it. my only solution appears to be to strt again. Any thoughts?
PDF prints occasionally still come out blank. the solution is to re boot my computer.
#729 by caddit
Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:38 am
Hello Richard Relph,

Thanks for your post.

You may configure the autosave feature of progeCAD within the first tab of the progeCAD Options box (_CONFIG command, or main menu -> Tools -> Options -> adjust "AutoSave", or completely turn off by unchecking the "Enable" option for it).

The problem of PDF printing going blank is not unique to progeCAD. Many PDF printing services in Windows have this quirk now and then. Sometimes problem is due to a job stuck in queue as another user, sometimes the print service needs stopped and restarted, sometimes you do need to reboot.

About files imported from AGI32.. are these DXF or DWG? Our primary focus is compatibility with native AutoCAD files. It could be that there is a problem with the quality of files being imported from this third party software I suggest you first try to follow up with them.

#733 by Richard Relph
Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 am
The file is exported in dwg format. i think it may be due to a layer problem as when saving a file I do get an error message refering me to a text file but I can never see what the problem is. I know the fonts used are normal Times Roman and nothing special. I wouldn't mind sorting this out as when it occurs I have to go back and start again.