progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#547 by darktrooper7
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:15 am
Hi there,

Ive just downloaded the trial version and am having a play.

Ive noticed something however that is a bit annoying. Ive found that when i select something (a line, dimension, whatever), the object doesnt highlight/dash until i scroll in or out. Same goes with the handles being displayed, they only show after a scroll.

That seems a bit odd to me, since you should be able to select something and work with it straight away without a scroll movement.

Any ideas how to fix that?

PS...love the tabs at the top of ProgeCAD for various drawings!
#548 by caddit
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:43 am
Hi,

So do I correctly understand that all types of entities are not hilighting for you until redraw? Is this the case for both model space and layout (paper space)? Does this also happen when you just start a blank file, draw some lines and then try to box select from the right side?

What happens when you select entities individually (single select)?

Can I confirm you are working with progeCAD 9.0.18.20 (see menu->help->"About progeCAD")?

Are you working with Vista or XP?

What kind of graphics card to you have? Have you tried uninstall/reinstall? You can download progeCAD HERE.

#550 by darktrooper7
Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:56 am
Hi Caddit,

Thanks for the quick reply.

A new sheet works ok and i also opened a newer drawing i recieved which i believe was done in autocad 2005. That worked ok too.

The problem i had was with an older file i just happened to try and was a drawing which was done i think in autocad 2002. But if i copy it to a new drawing then it works 90% (some lines still dont select properly).

But for new drawings or more up-to-date drawings they seem ok.

Im using a Quadro FX1500 on Win XP and using 9.0.18.20

Cheers
#552 by caddit
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:37 am
Sounds like the fault of a dodgey drawing file then. Try the usual drills with audit/purge and see if that helps, otherwise you will need to send the file out for professional repair?

You can also try DXF export/import to new drawing and see if that cleans it up, provided that you don't have something complex with embedded blocks and xrefs with attributes that might get lost in DXF translation.
#553 by darktrooper7
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:55 am
caddit wrote:Sounds like the fault of a dodgey drawing file then. Try the usual drills with audit/purge and see if that helps, otherwise you will need to send the file out for professional repair?

You can also try DXF export/import to new drawing and see if that cleans it up, provided that you don't have something complex with embedded blocks and xrefs with attributes that might get lost in DXF translation.

Cool ill try that!

Ive been playing with ProgeCAD again today on my laptop and am pleasantly surprised how good it is!