progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#62 by Richard Relph
Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:42 am
Look I am sorry but I have just installed ProgeCAD 2008 and I believe that all is fine after using AutoCAD for a number of years but how do I print? There must be a system somewhere. With AutoCAD when you go to a layout tag you get a back ground of the paper size as set up in your printer/plotter to which you can attached a viewport or several viewports, also a title block in paper space. I have been messing around for hours trying to get a viewport the same size as the print paper. Help Please
#63 by caddit
Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 am
Hi. Thanks for posting your question to the progeCAD Forum.

I don't have very good news for you. The functionality you knew from AutoCAD providing an automatic border size based on your current plotter configuration doesn't exist in progeCAD yet.

There are a few things you can do now:

1) Right click on one of the lower left corner layout tabs and select the "new layout from template" option. From there browse to:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2008\R8\PRENG\templates
and select a border you want.

2) type in coordinates for the corners of your new viewports. For example, for A4 you can try "0,0" for the first corner and "297,210" for the second if you use mm and 1:1 plot scale. remember your margins.

Hope That Helps

#64 by Richard Relph
Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 pm
Thanks muchly I still have some wotk to do for myself but now I can at least get an image when I print Preview

#66 by Richard Relph
Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:20 am
:( Look I am completly confused. I have my own A3 title block which I used to use in paper space. When i use that and creat a viewport around it the print preview image is not central on the paper. I have tried creating a seperate viewport within the A3 viewport so I can scale my drawing within it, I really don't know whats going on except to take the drawing to an AutCad machine for printing, which is a real task. Every thing else appears OK Inserting blocks means more key strokes but I can live with that. I have yet to come to terms with x refs in positiong and scaling but that is another story. How can I Print??
#67 by caddit
Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:02 pm
Hmmm. Works for me.

Can I ask exaclty what happens when you have your A3 border in PapaerSpace, go to "print setup" -> "scale/view" tab -> (select extents radio button) -> click "Print Preview"?

What is the "print scale"(lower right)? 1:1? What are the "Drawing units"? If you are using A3, with size in mm, make sure "Drawing units" are "Millimeters". Also, remember your margins.

Also check the paper format at that time on the "Device" tab?