progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#494 by Radosander
Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:03 am
Hello,
I'm new here.
Trying to establish wether to buy Progecad 2008 pro or Bricscad V9. Difficult...
Used to AutoCad 2006 full.

My challenge:

My templates are made in paperspace witch includes attributes.
Also i specified my viewports to fit A4 and A3.
In AutoCAD one can change the sclae of the viewport using predefined settings like 1:50, 1:100 etc.
in progecad i cannot find this.
Also, when im trying tot print and do a printpreview, it is not located in the right place.
Is there a setting wrong?
#495 by caddit
Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:33 am
Hi Radosander,

Welcome to progeCAD forum. You can change the scale of any floating layout viewport in progeCAD from the attributes pallet when you select the viewport border in the field pointed out below:

Print preview is available from the MENU: "File" -> "Print Preview" (also using the _preview command.

#496 by Radosander
Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:53 am
Hello Caddit,

Thanks for the swift repy.

I found indeed the scale command in the Properties toolbar. However, there is no predefined list. Is there such a list?

Print preview i found, that's not the 'challenge'.
The following steps are taken:
- drawing finished (save)
- switch tot paperspace
- dimensions and attribute (save)
- Print
- SCALE/VIEW: current view, print scale 1:1
- Print Preview
-!-!-> shows the drawing not located in the center of the paper, but partial shifted to the upper right corner.
The only way to get it the right way is when i shift the viewport, but it seems to me this is not how its suppose to work.
#514 by Radosander
Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:31 am
Hello again,

I'm still having difficulties printing my drawings in paperspace.
I could send you the file to see, but I cannoy attach one here...

Print preview show in any state a blank:
Ctrl+p

tab Device:
printer is correct, port is correct (printer works fine), Paper Format is correct
papersize is correct and orientation also (A3 landcape 2x)

tab Scale/view:
Print area: Current/Limits/Extends/Window, they all show blank paper or a piece of the drawing,
Scale: 1:1
Papersize is in millimeters

tab Advanced:
printe style table: monochrome
print lineweights and scale lineweights are on.

I'm at a loss here, please help

[/url]
#520 by caddit
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:21 am
Hi Radosander,

Blank previews/plots usually mean you have a scale/window mismatch and progeCAD is somehow still being told to plot blank space.

1:1 scale mm plotting from paper space requires that you are using a metric mm border properly measured for your paper size. In progeCAD 2009 sheet size is visualized automatically (see our YouTube Video Demonstration of This Feature HERE). Does progeCAD show the correct sheet size in relationship to your layout like in the demo?
Last edited by caddit on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

#522 by Radosander
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 am
Hi Caddit,

Well shoot me, first when i open the file it put two layouts together in one.
why i do not know; I can solve that one easy.

printsetting yesterday showed A4 or A3 in papaer/format. Today i opened it again and in alle cases it showed 'letter' ?!.... setting it to A3 and A4 and i can print.... :?
Yesterday i opened and closed te file and the program several times, but ctrl+p never came up with 'letter'.
It's like it has a mind of its own... :wink:

thanks for the swift reply anyway
#523 by caddit
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am
Haha,

Well glad things are working now.

Re. "mind of its own" I think can be an illusion caused by more complex apps like progeCAD. I remember several classmates in Apple IIe BASIC class that thought the same about their software then, too...

"Remember computers do what we tell them to do, not what we want them to do" was the golden rule. Not much has changed in 20 :D