progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#370 by Dean Janscak
Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:21 am
I am using ProgeCAD standard 2008, 8.0.18.24, and have come across a specific problem earlier today.

I have two similar drawings, and when i past from one into the other, ProgeCAD asks me if i want to save my drawings, and then closes.

I have had quite a few crashes in the past, but i just restart and dont seem to have the problem, but this happens every time. I am having trouble getting my work done.

Any thoughts?
#371 by caddit
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:35 am
Hi Dean Janscak,

We will need a bit more information:
What operating system are you using (XP? Vista?)
What hardware are you using (P4? RAM? HD? Graphics Card??)

Is this crash associated with specific drawings of one kind? Have you run the AUDIT command on problem drawing(s)? Please paste your results here.

What is the original source for these files? Are they native AutoCAD? LT? Which version of AutoCAD/progeCAD were they first created?

It sounds like the crash occurs when you have two DWG files open at the same time and switch from one to the other, is that correct?

There may be an update for progeCAD Standard 2008 in the near future.

#372 by Dean Janscak
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:55 am
Hi,

I am using a P4, 2.4GHz, 512MB of RAM, and the onboard Intel 845 Chipset graphics.
I am running Windows XP.

I am only having this problem with one specific drawing, but since this has happened i have noticed many more crashes than usual.

Command : audit
Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] <N>: y
990 objects audited W:\POWERTRONICS NEW\ENGINEERING\Mechanical Drawings\A1 and B1 SUCCESS\B1\6102101r2.dwg Fri Dec 19 13:12:39 2008
Total errors found during audit 0, fixed 0

I do not know what they were first created in, as they have come from a subcontractor which I do not communicate with. All of their other drawings appear to work without any problems.

No, this is not correct. The crash occurs when I paste something I have copied from a specific drawing. But it does not just crash, it asks me if I want to save my drawings, then closes. It does not do this with any of the other drawings from the same source.

Also, i have noticed that when i start ProgeCAD a get an error message. "Error loading application: Could not find .dll.". It does not say which .dll it can not find. It still seems to run the same as normal, apart from the above.
#374 by Dean Janscak
Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 pm
I have reinstalled ProgeCAD, which has stopped the .dll error at starting the application, but it has not changed the closing when pasting error.

I have gotten the work done regardless of having this problem, but i am now just really curious. I have narrowed it down to copying the dimensions, and not any other drawing object.
#375 by caddit
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 pm
Hello Dean Janscak,

You won't be happy but here is the fact: this is exactly one reason the CADstore product description for progeCAD Standard says: "For demanding CAD applications, better support and more complete DWG compatibility... we recommend progeCAD professional".

It isn't that we don't support the Standard products (we do, I am doing it now) but we support them less. We never know beforehand exactly where Standard will fall short of Professional, but it always does.

This means that patches and bug fixes for functionality that Standard does offer will always be behind the Professional release - if it comes at all. Right now we are putting all effort into the new release we will hopefully be announcing very soon... :)