progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2403 by shanncon
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:18 am
I downloaded a free copy of Draftsight, to see how different it was to ProgeCAD.

This is now the default .dwg app and I cannot change it to make ProgeCAD the default.

How do I do this? When I click "Choose an app", ProgeCAD does not show.
#2404 by caddit
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am
Hi shanncon,

To re-create a file association disrupted by another software, is a not a progeCAD-specific task. It is part of the Windows operating system. right click on a .DWG file -> Open with -> "Choose another app", and browse your progeCAD installation folder for the "pcad.exe" executable.

Re-installing your version of progeCAD will, of course, also offer to recreate the association.
#2408 by shanncon
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:56 pm
caddit wrote:Hi shanncon,

To re-create a file association disrupted by another software, is a not a progeCAD-specific task. It is part of the Windows operating system. right click on a .DWG file -> Open with -> "Choose another app", and browse your progeCAD installation folder for the "pcad.exe" executable.

Re-installing your version of progeCAD will, of course, also offer to recreate the association.

Many thanks. This worked perfectly.