ZW3D Australia user support forum for all modules from CADDIT.net. ZW3D is a low-cost 3D hybrid parametric and direct modeling tool with integrated CNC machining.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2395 by Ken Russ
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:05 pm
HI
I have a sheet metal loft of a metal pole. Obviously to get the sheet metal to loft there has to be a gap or break in the sheet metal to allow it to unfold.
When I try to do the top down modelling the reference line is broken as well, which stops the program from extruding a solid. \
How do I get the reference line to close the gap.
I could do this in interventor so hoping there is a command I can't find in ZW3D.
Still on 2017 version
Thanks
Ken. :D
#2397 by caddit
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:12 am
Hi Ken,

Can you upload a screenshot of your reference geometry so that we can have a look?

Also, are you using sheet metal lofted flange for extrusion, or just model extrude?

I hope that we understand the question correctly, perhaps more detail will help.
#2398 by Ken Russ
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 am
Hi
I have attached two graphics this response.
One of the full pole and the other with just the top face.
The process was fully in Sheet Metal.
I placed a second datum 22800mm above the first.
Created a 12 sided object top and bottom with a 1.5mm break in one side of the object on each.
Then lofted them in sheet metal.
Now I would like to create the top plate in a top down assembly. I had created the reference geometry on the top face, which obviously has a break in the line on the face with the gap. This is the gap I can't seem to get to join. When I use the line tool in the sketch, it picks up the end points of the gap and allows me to draw the line, however when I go to extrude there is no drawing to extrude.
Unfortunately with playing with it repeatedly I corrupted the file and the assembly drawing opens as a fully black screen.
Hopefull this explains my process and problem a bit better.
Thanks
Ken.
Attachments
Top Graphic.png
Top Graphic.png (128.46 KiB) Viewed 19697 times
Full Pole.png
Full Pole.png (108.42 KiB) Viewed 19697 times

Recent Topics

User avatar Progecad on wine

by davecoventry

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 am

User avatar progeCAD 2020 Update Released on CADDIT

by caddit

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Default Avatar Closing loops in reference paths

by Ken Russ

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 am

User avatar Restoring a .bak file

by caddit

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:49 am

Default Avatar Progecad 2017 > Missing Poup menus

by BayDviBerg

Fri May 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

Welcome to Ausstralia/New Zealand's CADDIT CAD software forum. CAD CAM Forum for support and discussion regarding AutoCAD, progeCAD IntelliCAD, Geomagic Freeform, Mathcad, CNC software.

This forum offers free support for progeCAD by qualified technical staff. Thank you for visiting.

CADDIT.net

The CADDIT.net team