CAD CAM CNC Australia CAD Forum
CAD CAM Forum for support and discussion regarding AutoCAD, progeCAD IntelliCAD, Alibre, Mathcad, PTC Pro/E 2D 3D design T-FLEX and PartMaster CNC software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ProgeCad 2010 Pro 10.0.12.4  ADD TO STUMBLEUPON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAD Forum Forum Index -> progeCAD and AutoCAD Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
art3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: ProgeCad 2010 Pro 10.0.12.4 Reply with quote

Hello
I am experiencing a saving error with progecad.
Problem 1:
After opening a drawing made in progecad 2008 (saved as dwg 2004) i get an information " drawing contains invalid data. It has been saved with that invalid data" . After made an audit and fix errors of the file, the layout tabs dissapear.

Problem 2: sometimes when i close a drawing and choose to save changes, the softwares crashes and stop responding.

Can somebody help me qith this two issues??

Best regards and keep the good work!

PS: System:
Progecad 2010 Pro version 10.0.12.4 (last update)
windows xp pro sp3
intel core 2 4400@2.00ghz
2,5o GB RAM

SaveErrorlog:

2730 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 0 Unknown Error Creating an Invalid Block *Model_Space
2730 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 0 Unknown Error Creating an Invalid Block *Paper_Space
1407 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 51 Object was permanently erased Saving the drawings Variables
caddit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: progeCAD Unknown Error Creating Invalid Block *Model_Space Reply with quote

Hello art3,

Where does this file originally come from? BTW this has happened before HERE:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353

Please follow these steps and let us know (including exploding blocks and saving back as older DWG CAD file version):
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1154#1154

PS thank you for the good system spec outline assisted us with additional questions, pls see our reply and revert at your convenience.
art3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files were created with progecad 2008 pro. In my office we work with Progecad pro 2008, 2009 and 2010. The files are worked by all users. Like all our files, we use blocks libraries created with other cad softwares. So itīs difficult to tell where does the file originally came from.

I've tried to follow the steps of the link you have suggested but it doesn't work. When i copy and save the new file the problem occurs again: when saving the new file i get the information of invalid data.

I've been the reading the forum and i follow the suggestion of a user:
unnistall the last update 10.0.12.04 and reinstall the first version 10.0.8.9.
The software is now working correctly.

Can you tell what are the differences and wich errors/bugs were corrected with the last update?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
caddit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello art3,

As mentioned in the previous post, then when the problem is not resolved using the initial steps outlined then please send these CAD files to:

huiyoung

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: saving errors with Progecad Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I tried to create an entire new file with Progecad 10.0.12.4. It seems that this saving errors also appears and the layout will be lost when you try to close the program. Furthermore the software will crash as what art3 has mentioned.

is there a solution to this? or do we all should revert back to 10.0.8.9?
huiyoung

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Any news or update?
caddit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: File crash in progeCAD 2010 Reply with quote

We have not been able to duplicate this problem so I am not sure what causes it.

We would have to take a look at you crash report. If you do not have our special crash diagnostic tool installed you can ask for it by sending an email to:

lazzy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: ProgeCAD 2010 crashes upon saving a file Reply with quote

Hi,

I use progeCAD 2010 (v.10.0.14.9, on WinXP) and it very often crashes (stops, not responding or taking a very long time for completing the task) upon saving or re-saving a file, either one made from scratch or one already made with the above version, opened and edited.

Any suggestions for solving this?

I also get the other error, the one when the software 'dissappears' upon start-up, but this happens occasionally, while the crashing problem upon saving happens almost every time I try to save a file.

Thanks
caddit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lazy,

progeCAD 2010 is several years old now. You should try the new version. One of the major enhancements was dramatically improved DWG file read/write speed.

The rewritten code should address your other issues as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAD Forum Forum Index -> progeCAD and AutoCAD Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: