progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2030 by Dyrman
Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 am
I feel a bit stupid because believing that it has been different earlier I now cant figure out how to select more entities with the mouse in progeCAD. Normally I would click Ctrl but it dont help what am I doing wrong. I know about selecting with a window from left crossing etc. but I just want to pick entiities one by one??

#2037 by Tyson
Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:52 am
you should be able to select entities individually without using the control key at all, simply left click each entity you wish to select. If you wish to deselect an entity, you can do so by holding "shift" and left clicking on the entity. Holding control and a left click drag will rotate the display in 3D, i try to avoid this action like the plague.

#2038 by caddit
Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:47 am
Hello Dyrman,

Sorry for the delayed response - we have completely moved office this week.

The basic problem is likely that you have the PICKADD variable set to off. This AutoCAD/progeCAD system variable controls the behaviour of how entities are added to a selection set. When set to on, each entity selected is added to the current selection set. When turned off, the most recently selected entity becomes the selection set and previously selected entities are no longer part of the selection set.