progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1914 by 03 SB FX4
Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:40 pm
Hi Everyone,

As the title suggest I am sort of "New" to ProgeCAD Professional 2013, I took a few CAD classes in college for more credits while I was working on my automotive engineering degree. While in school I used AutoCAD to design automotive and motorcycle parts.

That was over 10 years ago, fast forward to now, I become severely disabled at the end of 2011 after I developed and aggressive form of palsy. I decided with that I was going to get back into designing as a way to get rid of some boredom and get a hobby that I can enjoy again!

I bought AutoCAD for Dummies (as I read that ProgeCAD: Pro is VERY similar to AutoCAD - although, slightly different in menus). While it does help some, its kind of a difficult read as far as diving in and reading.

My question is:

1. Is their any free tutorials that you can do something more than building a block or barrel?

2. Does anyone have a link to finished renders that have been done in ProgeCAD - can't find any?

Thanks, Zac.

#1915 by caddit
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 am
03 SB FX4,

You can start with our free ebook "inside progeCAD" which you can download HERE (bottom of that page in the link).

It could still be, that you need a refresher course. There is nothing unusual about that - people take refresher classes all of the time - especially for something complex like CAD. If your disability prevents attending a class, there are trainers available for web instruction depending on your location. This forum is set up for answering specific questions. The tutorials are designed to be simple and kept that way.

Do you have a specific question about how to use a certain command in progeCAD?

There are a lot of complex "finished renders" created in progeCAD, but they can only be posted with customer permission - we will look into this for you.

#1916 by 03 SB FX4
Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 pm
caddit wrote:Do you have a specific question about how to use a certain command in progeCAD?

Actually I do - when you select to create a cylinder solid, how do you turn it into a solid and once you get the solid how do you get it to extrude teh center. I am creating a motorcycle frame and I am trying to make the top of the neck of the frame for the triple trees.

#1921 by caddit
Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm
Dear 03 SB FX4,

Do we understand that you need to know how to create a 3D solid Cylinder, or something more complex?

"how do you get it to extrude teh center" this sounds like you are trying to create two cylinders - one (small) concentrically stacked against the other (large).

Await your response.

#1923 by 03 SB FX4
Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm
I was making the solid cylinder that is hollowed out. I found the tutorial on your site this morning and I successfully made what I was looking for!

#1924 by caddit
Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:37 pm
Glad to hear it,

BTW we were thinking of you and added a new 3D shaded rendering to our architectural collection. Here is a small version, original rendering courtesy Arch. Paolo Muscionico Como, Itlay:

If you want to see a much larger version of the same image, visit our Google Plus page where we have it uploaded:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107305570049117068063/107305570049117068063/posts#107305570049117068063/posts

Enjoy!

#1927 by 03 SB FX4
Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am
Awesome, that was what I was looking for!