progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1789 by LJL
Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 pm
The /l switch that stops the splash screen from coming up seems to have stopped working after the last Progecad '11 update. Has anyone else had an issue with this or found a solution?

We switch it of when remotely accessing progecad offsite.

Cheers
Luke

#1793 by caddit
Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:28 pm
Hello LJL,

We seemed to be able to reproduce this problem with the updated version of the software. We are asking the development team if they have a work-around.

May I ask why removing the splash screen is necessary?

#1794 by caddit
Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 am
Dear LJL,

A fix has been issued for this new version 2011.0.8.32 bug. To apply:

1) Stop any currently running progeCAD processes

2) As administrator, download http://cadcam.com.au/cad/progeCAD/support/2011/icad.zip to a storage folder of your choice.

3) Rename C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe.old

4) Extract "icad.exe" from the downloaded (step 2) "icad.zip" to C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\ . It will be the new C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe

5) Run "icad.exe /l" per usual.

GENERAL NOTICE: THIS FIX IS ONLY FOR VERSION 2011 11.0.8.32 AND SHOULD NOT BE USED WITH ANY OTHER VERSION OF PROGECAD.
#1797 by LJL
Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:32 am
Thanks for the fix.

We find it helps with load speed when we remotely desktop in.

#1825 by Tyson
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 am
How do you start ProgeCAD in this way in Windows XP? I can not seem to get it to work, after applying the fix?

#1833 by Tyson
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 am
any follow up on my query? above?

#1834 by caddit
Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:30 am
Hi Tyson,

We were not aware of any existing issues for Windows XP.

Due to the impending release of progeCAD 2013, most of our software development resources are allocated to product testing of that version for the next couple of weeks.

We would suggest running progeCAD normally for now.

We are still looking into your other query, as mentioned we have quite a bit going on right now but development may at least have some insight into it.

#1836 by Tyson
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 pm
That's fine, but my problem isn't with the switch not working, but i don't seem able to use the switch without Windows giving me an error.
Can i set up a Desktop shortcut which starts ProgeCAD with this switch applied? If so, how?

#1838 by caddit
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 am
Dear Tyson,

You can modify any Windows Shortcut by right-clicking on the shortcut and clicking "Properties" from the context menu (at bottom).

On the Shortcut tab, you can change:
Code: Select all"C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe"

to:
Code: Select all"C:\Program Files (x86)\ProgeCAD\progeCAD 2011 Professional ENG\icad.exe" /l
*note "/l" outside quotes in Shortcut.

You may need admin privileges.

I am a little confused from the last post, if you want to be using this switch or not. If NOT then do not apply the patch - it is only to re-enable this switch it doesn't change anything else.

#1840 by Tyson
Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm
Thanks, Exactly what i was after, i was putting the swtich inside the quotes.
Cheers