progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1681 by RobinL
Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:10 am
I have 2 drawings, both created in this installation of profeCAD11 on the same computer.

One drawing works as expected - that selection of non-continuous line types are rendered correctly on the screen and in the printed version.

In the same session if you open the other drawing, set a line type to a non-continuous line type, say DASHED2, that value is also seen in that PolyLine's linetype property. but the line is always rendered as a continuous line.

Comparing the view of the 2 drawings in the same session shows that there is something wrong with the linetype selectors in one drawing compared with the other. Normally in the Properties and in the current line type value selector (toolbar area) a graphic is drawn to the left of the line type name. However for the drawing that only renders non-continuous lines as continuous, this graphic pattern is always blank.

What setting has to be changed so that non-continuous line types are rendered correctly in the second drawing?
#1682 by RobinL
Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 pm
This definitely looks like a bug or two.

In the drawing that seemed to be working as expected, I realised that the Polylines that were being rendered were type LwPolylines. In that drawing, if I try to use a non-continuous line type for a 3DPolyline (type Polyline) say DASHDOT, then the graphic appears in both the line type toolbar drop-down and in the properties as if does for the LwPolylines, BUT they are rendered as continuous.

If in the drawing that was not rendering non-continuous line types to 3DPolylines(Polylines), I draw a Polyline(LwPolyline) as non-continuous line type DASHDOT - it does not show the graphic in the pull-down but it renders it as expected.

So there are 2 problems in the code.

The graphic can disappear in the pull-downs (minor but annoying).

[b]The serious bug[/b] is the acceptance of the selection of a non-continuous line type for a 3DPolyline (Polyline type) but not to render it as expected.
#1688 by RobinL
Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 pm
In a new drawing. LTSCALE = 1

Try the following with LINETYPE set to HIDDEN2

From Toolbar draw

1) a LINE (line) - rendered Correctly

2) a POLYLINE (lwPolyline) - rendered Correctly

3) an ARC (arc) - rendered Correctly

4) a 3DPOLYLINE (Polyline) - CONTINUOUS RENDER (BUG)

#1689 by caddit
Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:35 pm
So actually, non-continuous line types are rendered correctly for you, except for 3dpolyline, as that what this is actually?

As discussed before, there seems to be some functionality missing in the 3dpolyline that should be fixed with the next version.

#1690 by RobinL
Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:32 pm
Caddit wrote:
So actually, non-continuous line types are rendered correctly for you, except for 3dpolyline, as that what this is actually?

YES - it seems to only be 3DPOLYLINE that is not rendered correctly. I have not tried all possible other types. It just took time to identify the parameters of the problem as I mainly work in 3DPOLYLINES.

BTW: There is a snap problem with 3DPOLYLINES that modifies Z values back to the current elevation - should I raise that in another thread?[/quote]