progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1657 by RobinL
Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:33 pm
I have had an experience that I can't find documented, so it may be something that I am doing or I have found an undocumented feature.

In a diagram, with many associative hatched regions and their boundaries, I was getting tired of sending each hatch to the BACK as a separate command.

So a selected several hatched regions and did one command to send them all BACK. This appeared to work as I could now select the individual boundaries of those regions.

However, if I select one of those hatched regions, ALL REGIONS sent to the back by one command, become selected. I have found no way to break this linkage. In the end I had do a single delete that removed all of the selected hatched regions (from that one BACK command) and then redo the hatched and backing for each region separately.

Is this a bug?

If not where is it documented and how do you break that linkage?
#1693 by RobinL
Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 pm
Is this unwanted linkage a bug?

If not, how do you break this linkage?

#1695 by caddit
Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:42 pm
Dear RobinL,

If the boudary hatch is created in a single command, it is considered a single collective entity even if the boundaries define multiple hatch regions (called "islands"). Actually this is considered a feature for most, who like to change multiple hatch regions at once by a single parameter.

If you do not wish multiple regions to be treated like a single hatch, each one will need to be defined with its own bhatch command, because the system still needs to know what boundaries you want for each hatch collective.

This aspect is the same in AutoCAD.

I understand your reason for hatching multiple regions, but you will have to make the choice before choosing which regions to be hatched together, not after. The bugs with draw order are expected to be addressed in the next version.