CAD CAM CNC Australia CAD Forum
CAD CAM Forum for support and discussion regarding AutoCAD, progeCAD IntelliCAD, Alibre, Mathcad, PTC Pro/E 2D 3D design T-FLEX and PartMaster CNC software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ProgeCad forgets what paper size I'm printing to  ADD TO STUMBLEUPON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAD Forum Forum Index -> progeCAD and AutoCAD Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beej67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: ProgeCad forgets what paper size I'm printing to Reply with quote

All my layouts revert back to 8.5x11 when I open a drawing. They also intermittently revert back to 8.5x11 while I'm plotting. Plot at D size, successfully plot, exit out, change some stuff, type 'plot' again, and bang, back to 8.5x11.

Ideas?
caddit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Setting default paper size for printing plotting in progeCAD Reply with quote

Hi beeej67,

Can we ask what is the system default paper-size for your D size plotter (when checking it through the control panel, not progeCAD)?
beej67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting default paper size for printing plotting in prog Reply with quote

caddit wrote:
Hi beeej67,

Can we ask what is the system default paper-size for your D size plotter (when checking it through the control panel, not progeCAD)?

I'm using ProgeSOFT PDF Printer 2010. It shows up in the pull-down menus for printer name when I'm in any software, but I don't see it anywhere on Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers. I do see progeSOFT JPG Printer 2010 on the control panel list though.
caddit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm using ProgeSOFT PDF Printer 2010

That's because the progeSOFT System PDF and JPG virtual plotters are special, they do not work like normal system printers. (maybe I should have asked about your plotter the first time Wink

The paper size for the active printer gets saved with the drawing itself. You need open "Print Properties" from the file menu, select the sheet size, click "apply to layout" and save the drawing first, then progeCAD will remember the paper size for the PDF printer the next time you open the drawing.
Homesteader

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Printing Issue Reply with quote

I have the same issues but I don't have a "Print Properties" option under the file menu on my Progecad 2010. I have been looking for a page setup option but I can't find one. Any thoughts about how to resolve this? It's extremely frustrating to have to reset all page setup setting each time I need to print. Thx.
durrroy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Printing Reply with quote

Printing with progeCAD is a nightmare, I had this same problem in progeCAD 2009 and now progeCAD 2010 is no better.
caddit

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah now I see what happened ->

Homesteader: Sorry I meant "PRINT SETUP" not "Print Properties"

Typing faster than I'm thinking Confused

When you open the "Print Setup", select the correct printer, paper size, orientation, paper measurement units (inch is default -> make sure switch to mm!) and so forth. It just takes a little practice but works just fine. Once you have defined the printer and sheet -> then click the "Apply to Layout" Button at the left bottom of that Print Setup Box.

Hope that clarifies things.
beej67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no, that's what I was doing. It doesn't work.

File->Print Setup (this brings up the same menu I get to when I type "plot")
Paper:Format:(D size sheet)
"Apply To Layout"
"Save Changes to Layout" is checked.
Exit
Layout shows D size sheet.

File->Close
"Save Changes" = Yes

File->Open
The layout tab is 8.5x11, not D size.

Want me to screencap video this or something? It doesn't work.
Homesteader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Saving Print Settings Reply with quote

I don't have a print setup or page setup option under my file menu. What do I do?
Homesteader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is driving me crazy and it's such a waste of time when printing. It brings into question for me whether to keep using Progecad or not.
Homesteader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I reload Progecad to get the page setup option? What are my options here?
caddit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Monesteader,

Back after a day in training. I am a little confused, please confirm that you do or do not have the Print Setup option in your "File" menu as shown below:

If your File menu does not have Print Setup, you may need to Restore your toolbars and menus (In the Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> ProgeCAD -> Utility -> "Restore Toolbar and Menu" )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAD Forum Forum Index -> progeCAD and AutoCAD Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: