progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1473 by beej67
Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:37 pm
All my layouts revert back to 8.5x11 when I open a drawing. They also intermittently revert back to 8.5x11 while I'm plotting. Plot at D size, successfully plot, exit out, change some stuff, type 'plot' again, and bang, back to 8.5x11.

Ideas?
#1475 by beej67
Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm
caddit wrote:Hi beeej67,

Can we ask what is the system default paper-size for your D size plotter (when checking it through the control panel, not progeCAD)?

I'm using ProgeSOFT PDF Printer 2010. It shows up in the pull-down menus for printer name when I'm in any software, but I don't see it anywhere on Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers. I do see progeSOFT JPG Printer 2010 on the control panel list though.

#1476 by caddit
Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 am
I'm using ProgeSOFT PDF Printer 2010

That's because the progeSOFT System PDF and JPG virtual plotters are special, they do not work like normal system printers. (maybe I should have asked about your plotter the first time ;)

The paper size for the active printer gets saved with the drawing itself. You need open "Print Properties" from the file menu, select the sheet size, click "apply to layout" and save the drawing first, then progeCAD will remember the paper size for the PDF printer the next time you open the drawing.
#1499 by Homesteader
Thu May 12, 2011 1:17 am
I have the same issues but I don't have a "Print Properties" option under the file menu on my Progecad 2010. I have been looking for a page setup option but I can't find one. Any thoughts about how to resolve this? It's extremely frustrating to have to reset all page setup setting each time I need to print. Thx.
#1503 by durrroy
Sat May 21, 2011 2:00 pm
Printing with progeCAD is a nightmare, I had this same problem in progeCAD 2009 and now progeCAD 2010 is no better.

#1514 by caddit
Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm
Ah now I see what happened ->

Homesteader: Sorry I meant "PRINT SETUP" not "Print Properties"

Typing faster than I'm thinking :?

When you open the "Print Setup", select the correct printer, paper size, orientation, paper measurement units (inch is default -> make sure switch to mm!) and so forth. It just takes a little practice but works just fine. Once you have defined the printer and sheet -> then click the "Apply to Layout" Button at the left bottom of that Print Setup Box.

Hope that clarifies things.

#1536 by beej67
Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm
Yeah, no, that's what I was doing. It doesn't work.

File->Print Setup (this brings up the same menu I get to when I type "plot")
Paper:Format:(D size sheet)
"Apply To Layout"
"Save Changes to Layout" is checked.
Exit
Layout shows D size sheet.

File->Close
"Save Changes" = Yes

File->Open
The layout tab is 8.5x11, not D size.

Want me to screencap video this or something? It doesn't work.

#1572 by Homesteader
Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 am
This is driving me crazy and it's such a waste of time when printing. It brings into question for me whether to keep using Progecad or not.

#1573 by Homesteader
Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 am
Can I reload Progecad to get the page setup option? What are my options here?

#1576 by caddit
Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm
Hello Monesteader,

Back after a day in training. I am a little confused, please confirm that you do or do not have the Print Setup option in your "File" menu as shown below:

If your File menu does not have Print Setup, you may need to Restore your toolbars and menus (In the Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> ProgeCAD -> Utility -> "Restore Toolbar and Menu" )