progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1431 by 10augustus
Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:12 am
I cant' get a shaded view in the layout , paparspace, of my drawing.
In "normal" everything looks fine but non of the other options in the visual style tab seem to work. Soon as I take the shade or hidden line option I get a white sheet ? what can be the problem ?

Thanks,

#1442 by 10augustus
Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm
With some drawings I can get a shaded layout , the print preview shows an unusable drawing "http://www.dannythys.be/screen.jpg" which prints as a blank sheet.
#1443 by caddit
Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:50 pm
What happens if you print the same view as a PDF or JPG instead? Do you still get a blank page?

What does the print preview for it look like?

If they all come out blank then it probably means that you have a basic print area / scale / paper size mismatch and should change your print settings to either measure the paper in correct units or plot using the correct scale.

Otherwise it may be remotely possible that both this and your crash problems are related as they appear somewhat unique.

#1451 by 10augustus
Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 am
Printing to pdf or jpg does not change anything.
I do not think it is related to the paper size, as putting the settings to "normal" the image is perfect. Since the last update of progecad the preview looks like the printed object is sliced by a plane and everthing behind it is hidden , so only a pârt of the drawing is visible.In the preview the part that is shown looks "smudged", unsharp ? Printing still a blanco page in all printers.. jpg, pdf, epson , hp and brother ... not shaded drawing prints perfect.
#1459 by caddit
Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 am
Hi,

Where did this file come from? Was it originally drawn in progeCAD?

The reason we ask is because there are audit errors in the drawing, which can be the source of all kinds of unpredictable behaviour - both in AutoCAD or progeCAD.

But this is for sure not just a printing error, because we can reproduce your problem on the screen alone. Will revert when we know more...

#1462 by 10augustus
Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:53 pm
The file was drawn in progecad, only some blocks came from other sources, but no blocks are shown in this layout of the drawing. I still keep on sending the crash reports manually, as the automatic sending does not work. I hope they arrive ... . Apart from those crashes that generate a report I still have crashes that do not create a report ( eventhough sometimes a windows crashreport) and from time to time progecad suddenly disapears while working without any messages ... I can't get used to it !
#1465 by caddit
Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 pm
Hello 10augustus,

As I said, the two problems might be related.

We discussed your situation in depth with the manufacturer support team, did you receive their response? Here it is again in case you didn't get it:

Hello,
we recorded a few anomalies working with Windows XP, I send you our possible solutions:

1 st Reason
Some anomalies on Windows XP (In Vista/7, this problem has never occurred) could lead to an unexpected progeCAD lock out.
To resolve this problem simply turn off the fade effect from the Windows XP menu, here are the steps to follow:
- from the Windows "Control Panel" to go to the "Display" settings - this will open the "Display Properties". " You turn on the "Appearance" tab
- click on the "effects" button
- unselect the top item "Use the following transition effect for menus and tooltips"

ImageImage

2 nd Reason
In some cases we saw that the status bar can cause software to crash. To resolve this problem, turn off the display (press the F10 key)

3rd Reason
If you cannot start progeCAD because it crashes, you can set the variable like this:
- Start > Run> type regedit and press <Enter>
- Current user> Software> progeSOFT> progeCAD> R10> progeCAD pro eng> profile> default> config.
- once you open this page, click the right mouse button, choose New > DWORD Value and write the variable (that is automatically set to 0)

Did you install the last progeCAD version? The 10.0.14.9? You can check it from the Help > about progeCAD menu.

If these suggestions do not help, they offer to set up a special session with you. Please check if you have received the email from them. We would ask from this point, once you find the email, to continue your "crash" case directly with them as it has now been escalated to manufacturer priority support.

Thanks.

#1469 by 10augustus
Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:11 am
Hello,

I did recieve the mail. thanks !
I made the two first changes as suggested, the third was not relevant as I can't remember having a crash at startup. I continued working with it and already had a crash after the changes.... I'm not working continious with the software so I cannot say yet if this changed the behaviour of the software.

Thanks

#1470 by caddit
Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 am
Hello 10augustus,

Please reply directly to the email, as your case has been escalated to manufacturer level support.

I believe that they will be arranging a remote access support session with you to determine the cause of your problem.

Let us know how it goes.