progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1445 by jacobus
Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:44 am
I am a recent buyer of Progecad (version update to 10.0.14.8 ) and I really appreciate the software, but my version has the further problem:

-multiline text prompt does not appear:I cannot see the box. It seems that the program open it in "invisible way", because if I write someting and then click ESC the software ask "Do you want to save your text changes?" and the text appears, but I have no possibility to edit the text with the prompt box neither to see the text during digitation.

I already changed the option in Tools/Options/Display/ "Display prompt boxes , I already try to use external display, but nothing changed.

I gently ask help for this annoying problem.

J.Toniolo

#1448 by jacobus
Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:40 pm
I reset the toolbars and everything. Now the prompt box appears, showing inside the text, but...the text in the drawing now is shown as empty boxes!!!

If I made a new file all works correctly, I have the problem with the old files.

Thank you for the support.[/img]
#1453 by caddit
Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:02 am
Hello,

What version of CAD software was the corrupt drawing created in?

The "empty box" text character you describe normally means unsupported code page (language) setting, but it could also mean that the drawing is corrupt.

#1485 by jacobus
Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:45 pm
I think it was AutoCAD 2004, but now I erase the old file and I am working fine with the new one.
Thanks for the support, it helped a lot.

Jacopo