progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1401 by 10augustus
Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:13 pm
Saving my drawings always returns the message "your drawing contains invalid data" the log file shows ; "2730 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 0 Unknown Error Creating an Invalid Block. "
I discovered that every file starts showing this message as soon a I touch the layout button and a new layout is generated or if I make a new one myself. Even a new, complete blanco file, with nothing drawn starts making the error message after simply clicking the layout button.
I'm working almost a year with progecad , and every time I open a drawing the layouts have become unusable, sometimes empty and frozen, sometimes completely out of scale, and often slanted a few degrees. since the last update of progecad, the error message appeared. I'm working in milimeter but reopening a drawing I discovered that in the layout the "inches" are marked in the print setup. Something must have changed this.
How can I solve this problem ?
thanks

#1405 by caddit
Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:59 am
Please send us one of your CAD drawing files, even if it is blank.

Something in your environment is wrong, and DWG also carries a snapshot of some interesting info about the sending system.

It would be a good please to start anyway.

Please send to:
#1410 by caddit
Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:37 am
Hello 10augustus,

We have received your files and forwarded to our lab here in Australia to start.

What we have so far:
Opening "Drawing1.dwg" (empty drawing)
  • No errors opening the drawing
  • Audit -> No errors
  • Righth-click layout tab -> New Layout -> No error
  • Switching layout tabs - no error
  • Saving to a new file - no error
  • Notes: small files size
Opening "koslowski.dwg" (plan drawing)
  • No errors opening the drawing
  • Audit -> 1 error found
  • Righth-click layout tab -> New Layout -> No error
  • Switching layout tabs - no error
  • Saving to a new file - no error
  • Notes: Paper size and units in Inch. Is this intentional?

There were no great dramas to open your files, no crash that we could reproduce using your CAD files in progeCAD 2010 10.0.12.4

NOTE it seems all of your drawings use paper sizes and units in Inch. Since you are evidently in Europe it is possible that you simply don't have printing configured correctly.

Please review the instructions here for proper set up for progeCAD print units:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=736#736

You will also need to apply the proper printer setup to each layout:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814#

So far as your other invalid block erros go, progeCAD model and paper spaces are all contained within default system blocks and it is possible that some configuration with your printer is causing the problem. Can you please also tell us what version of Windows that you are using and what your default system printer/plotter is? Thanks.
#1411 by 10augustus
Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 am
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I already gave you my system and printer info in
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=359 .
My default printer is epson stylus color 3000.
But the same errors occur when setup to a hp deskjet 1600 or pdf....
Indeed, I already mentioned the "inches" problem. In the print setup I mark the milimeters , saving and reopening the drawing resets it to inches every time! In the "drawings settings" menu I cannot make a choice between inches and mm. is there somewhere a setting for the program in general to work in mm?.
I now simply start a new drawing from scratch, choose the metric option. A new drawing is created. I do not touch anything... just save the drawing under it's generated name ... and whoops .. "your drawing contains invalid data".
I cannot imagine having done something wrong here no ?

thanks
Danny

#1413 by caddit
Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:58 pm
We feel that something is wrong with your system but I not sure what. It could be printer config + access problem + DEP combined or something else - you are obviously having large problems that others do not experience and that we can't duplicate in our lab (see test results above).

XCrashReport is a just diagnostic tool that we use to help solve these issues (the standard microsoft tool doesn't generate the correct data for this), it will generate a custom report which you then send to the email address shown on the message box - also please cc @caddit.net us so that we can follow up.

In the mean time we are discussing some options.

#1415 by 10augustus
Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:19 pm
Thanks voor your support !

I tried installing progecad on a laptop, windows 7 (usb license) I'm not completely sure, but the main problems I have on my windows xp seem to be gone ...
The drawings I open , made on the XP have the same unusable layouts. But making a new layout on the windows 7 , saving and reopening them afterwards have correct layouts ! (incredible, the first time I experience this since I'm working with progecad !!)and no warning about invalid data when saving. strangely, copying this drawing back to the xp machine, and opening them there results in a strange warning "This file is already in use, do you want to open it read only " Eventhough there is no open drawing at that moment. when I open it as read only , the layout is ok. Saving this drawing under a new name (read only so other name) results in "your drawing contains invalid data". Reopening this file ,the layouts are lost again.
I'll install the beta version... hope this works and won't generate new issues !

Thanks again.
Danny
#1416 by 10augustus
Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:15 pm
I'm working now with the beta version.
- the "invalid block "message when saving appears from time to time, but not always... so thats a progress.
- The layouts from files I made before are now from time to time kept intact, but not always ... mostly they have become useless. Often, the inside of the viewport is rotated a few degrees.
- As far as I can see now reopening the drawing did not always change my millimeters to inches in the print settings
-The drawing I'm working on right now... has crashed 4 times in about 2 hours. Always when doing a hatching command. I sent it to cad@caddit.net
- I have put the xcrashreport.exe in the directory as you told , should it do something when progecad crashes ? I just got a microsoft crash message box.
- The audit tool still behaves strange, the first time, example: I do the audit and it reports 2 found 2 fixed. immediatly I repeat the audit, it reports 3 found, 3 fixed, next time, found , 4 fixed. etc.
- The print preview builds up the image to 80-100% clears everything and builds up the image a second time (has always been so) Is this normal ?

windows crashlog:

Vastgelopen toepassing: icad.exe, versie: 10.0.13.50, vastgelopen module: hungapp, versie: 0.0.0.0, vastgelopen op: 0x00000000.

0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 69 63 61 64 2e 65 icad.e
0018: 78 65 20 31 30 2e 30 2e xe 10.0.
0020: 31 33 2e 35 30 20 69 6e 13.50 in
0028: 20 68 75 6e 67 61 70 70 hungapp
0030: 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 0.0.0.0
0038: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 at offs
0040: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 30 et 00000
0048: 30 30 30 000

The beta version, certainly changed things in a positive way !
#1432 by 10augustus
Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:24 am
I have three types of "crash"
- the first makes the program freeze and I have to shut it down with task manager. A windows error report appears but no progecad crashreport.
- the second , suddenly makes the program disappear completely while working, no error report from windows, neither a progecad crashreport.
- The third is a crash that generates a progecad crashreport, a message appears that the report was not sent and I have to llokup the files send it manually. I hope that the reports are received as I get no response here on the forum since jan 06 !

The "invalid block" messages that appeared in the 'non beta' version rarely appear., so that is an improvement.

Also posted a problem with shaded printing, maybe no relation with all the other problems.

Thanks

#1441 by 10augustus
Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 pm
I was not aware that there was a new version. I installed it , but still crashes appear as mentioned before !