progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1326 by riroko2
Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:03 pm
I don't understand enough about to know if it's a system problem or not. But I still think it is ProgeCad2010 related, because I was running my scripts on the same computer using ProgeCad2008 and ProgeCad2009 without any problems. So why should it be system related then?

Anyway:
My computer is a Dell Vostro 1500
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @2.20Ghz
2.19GHz, 3.50GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

I'm running
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
(I don't know about hotfixes, but my computer is setup with automatic updates, so I suspect, that I've installed all OS updates)

Antivirus:
Norton Internet Security Version 16.8.0.41

Firewall:
Windows Firewall is on, also the Norton Smart Firewall is on.

Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

The only thing in common with other computers I've tried is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with all the updates and the Windows Firewall.

Common printers installed are:

-HP Color LaserJet 3600
-HP Designjet 500 24+HPGL2 Card
-progeSOFT JPG Printer 2010
-progeSOFT PDF Printer 2010
-RICOH Aficio 3025 RPCS

All systems are using the script on a blank drawing, no templates used whatsoever.

I think it is coincidentally that the script in my video pauses at the POINT command. I think it is more like it pauses after every 40 or 41 lines of my script.

#1340 by intheusa
Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:43 am
You might try working offline a bit (pull the internet plug) and shut off virus checkers one at a time starting with Norton, although Norton may not accept this easily.