progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1333 by art3
Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm
Hello
I am experiencing a saving error with progecad.
Problem 1:
After opening a drawing made in progecad 2008 (saved as dwg 2004) i get an information " drawing contains invalid data. It has been saved with that invalid data" . After made an audit and fix errors of the file, the layout tabs dissapear.

Problem 2: sometimes when i close a drawing and choose to save changes, the softwares crashes and stop responding.

Can somebody help me qith this two issues??

Best regards and keep the good work!

PS: System:
Progecad 2010 Pro version 10.0.12.4 (last update)
windows xp pro sp3
intel core 2 4400@2.00ghz
2,5o GB RAM

SaveErrorlog:

2730 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 0 Unknown Error Creating an Invalid Block *Model_Space
2730 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 0 Unknown Error Creating an Invalid Block *Paper_Space
1407 Prj\lib\DRW\DWGdirectWriter.cpp 51 Object was permanently erased Saving the drawings Variables
#1335 by caddit
Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:21 am
Hello art3,

Where does this file originally come from? BTW this has happened before HERE:
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353

Please follow these steps and let us know (including exploding blocks and saving back as older DWG CAD file version):
http://www.caddit.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1154#1154

PS thank you for the good system spec outline assisted us with additional questions, pls see our reply and revert at your convenience.

#1336 by art3
Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:39 pm
The files were created with progecad 2008 pro. In my office we work with Progecad pro 2008, 2009 and 2010. The files are worked by all users. Like all our files, we use blocks libraries created with other cad softwares. So it´s difficult to tell where does the file originally came from.

I've tried to follow the steps of the link you have suggested but it doesn't work. When i copy and save the new file the problem occurs again: when saving the new file i get the information of invalid data.

I've been the reading the forum and i follow the suggestion of a user:
unnistall the last update 10.0.12.04 and reinstall the first version 10.0.8.9.
The software is now working correctly.

Can you tell what are the differences and wich errors/bugs were corrected with the last update?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
#1364 by huiyoung
Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 am
Hi guys,

I tried to create an entire new file with Progecad 10.0.12.4. It seems that this saving errors also appears and the layout will be lost when you try to close the program. Furthermore the software will crash as what art3 has mentioned.

is there a solution to this? or do we all should revert back to 10.0.8.9?

#1403 by huiyoung
Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:08 am
Hi. Any news or update?
#2041 by lazzy
Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:54 am
Hi,

I use progeCAD 2010 (v.10.0.14.9, on WinXP) and it very often crashes (stops, not responding or taking a very long time for completing the task) upon saving or re-saving a file, either one made from scratch or one already made with the above version, opened and edited.

Any suggestions for solving this?

I also get the other error, the one when the software 'dissappears' upon start-up, but this happens occasionally, while the crashing problem upon saving happens almost every time I try to save a file.

Thanks

#2042 by caddit
Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am
Dear lazy,

progeCAD 2010 is several years old now. You should try the new version. One of the major enhancements was dramatically improved DWG file read/write speed.

The rewritten code should address your other issues as well.