Personal soap box for CAD designers, travelling professionals and consultants on various random topics of general interest. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#89 by jsharbold
Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:17 am
I just downloaded the 87.4 MB file for the free progecade smart. It said file trasfer complete but when I went to run the program, it said the file size should be 91 MB. Therefore, it won't run. Before I download the same file again which takes me about 3 hours - any suggestions?
Thanks
#90 by caddit
Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 am
Several have reported having similar problems, especially when downloading with a slow connection.

A few questions:
Can you download other large files successfully (like progeCAD Professional)? Have you had this problem before with other large downloads?

Where are you located?

What is your download speed?

What kind of connection do you have (ADSL, CABLE, DIALUP, T1/E1 etc)

What time of the day did you try it?

What kind of anti-virus are you running?

What browser are you using? Have you tried downloading the same file with another program like wget?

**Note: In future please post this in the progeCAD Forum. Thanks!**
#91 by jsharbold
Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:19 pm
caddit wrote:Several have reported having similar problems, especially when downloading with a slow connection.

A few questions:
Can you download other large files successfully (like progeCAD Professional)? Have you had this problem before with other large downloads? The largest file I have tacked is about 20 MB and no problems with that.

Where are you located? Chiang Mai Thailand

What is your download speed? In country it is 200 kbps

What kind of connection do you have (ADSL, CABLE, DIALUP, T1/E1 etc) Slow ADSL!

What time of the day did you try it? 7-10 in the evening

What kind of anti-virus are you running? Norton

What browser are you using? Have you tried downloading the same file with another program like wget? Internet explorer

**Note: In future please post this in the progeCAD Forum. Thanks!**
#92 by caddit
Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 am
Sounds like a combination of slow connection, possible browser and anti-virus problem. We especially discourage downloading the software with Norton running, anyhow, because the anti-virus scanner has been well known to change the binary contents of our installer, thus corrupting the file! There are a few things you can try:

1) Disable anti-virus until download, install and registration is finished.
2) Try during different time of day.
3) Use a command-line utility like wget to download.

Sorry we can't change your connection for you! Hope that helps.