progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#288 by van
Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 am
1, How can I display prefix to coordinate dimension other than
linear dimension, it show the prefix before I enter the leader endpoint.
2, How do I keep the the dimension text automatic centre between extension lines after stretching dimension.
3, How do I update the existing dimension formats after changing the same dimension styles
For ProCAD Pro 2009 wish lists, improvements for dimensioning, 3d visial rendering and real time sphere (rotating) speed, particulary constrain orbit command, Am I expecting too much???
After all I would rate ProCAD 5/5 stars for value for money :)
#291 by caddit
Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:10 am
Hi van,

Thanks for the five stars. We feel the same ***** :)
1. I am not sure which prefix you want. Have you already had a look at the dimension settings you can change in the dialog opened with the AutoCAD/progeCAD DDIM command? On the "Text" options tab there is a field for specifying a custom text dimension prefix of your own:

2. On the same "Text" tab of the DDIM dialog you can set the horizontal and vertical placement of the dimension text in relation to the leader and arrows.

3. The properties of already existing entities, including dimensions, can be edited in the same way using the "entprop" command.

Continue to watch the features in progeCAD. There is more to come!
#294 by van
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:52 am
Thank you for the respond,
1, The prefix of dimension has been set before the dimension was drwn, it only works for linear dimension excepts coordinate dimension. The prefix for coordinate dimension did shown on the preview before I enter the end point and then it went disappear.
2, The dimension text was fine as a per dimension style setting untill I stretch the dimension to new distant location and the text kept at the origional place without automatic moving to new dimension centre.
3, The existing drawn dimensions did not automatic update when the same dimension style is altered. eg. there is dimension style name calls 'scale_20' is created and there are some dimensions already drawn in the drawing using the same style above, now if I changed and updated the dimension setting scale to a different scale, the already drawn dimensions in the drawing are not automatic update to the newly set scale.

Hope to see the solution soon