progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#283 by paf
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 am
HELP PLEASE!

Hi everybody.

I am using ProgeCad for private users. I downloaded progeCAD Smart 8.0.18.22 and I have installed it. I did not enter/require authorization code for progeCAD 2008 Smart . I just wanted to see how it works. Then I tried to uninstall the program, but I couldn’t. I have tried several options to uninstall it, even using revo uninstaller, but I always got a message stating that the install.log coul not be found. What can I do to uninstall the program?

PAF
#284 by caddit
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:08 am
Hi PAF,

Did you check to see if "C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2008 Smart! ENG\install.log" is present? Uninstall programs need a log of WHAT was installed so that they know WHAT to uninstall. If you have already deleted this file yourself, then the uninstaller won't work.

Otherwise, check what Windows permissions are on install.log and make sure that you are uninstalling progeCAD Smart! as Windows administrator. If your install.log is otherwise corrupt, a good trick is to re-install software (progeCAD Smart!) to restore the corrupted/missing files so that you can turn around and un-install the same program (be sure you use the same settings in the second installation that you used in the first).

#285 by paf
Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 am
Thank you very much. I will try to do as you told. Thanks. PAF