progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#276 by fra99le
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 pm
Can anyone tell me if I can use ArchT (aka AccelliARCH) with progeCAD and if there are any tricks to get it to work or if certain versions of each are needed?

I'm using progeCAD 2008 professional and I tried to use the trial version of ArchT from the autodsys website, but at least one of the dlls won't load:

> Error loading "C:\Program Files\Autodsys\ArchT for
> IntelliCAD\AdsATi1.dll":
> Unresolved function at run time.
> Can't open "C:/Program Files/Autodsys/ArchT for IntelliCAD/AdsATi1.dll"
> for
> execution
> error: XLOAD failed
> (XLOAD "C:/Program Files/Autodsys/ArchT for IntelliCAD/AdsATi1.dll")

Thanks
fra99le
#277 by iCADsales.com
Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:47 pm
Unfortunately not all IntelliCAD engine products are the same. Many vendors change the source code and therefore third party products just dont run the same on all products.

At www.icadsales.com we have an architectural product for progeCAD IntelliCAD called progeARCH. This software can allow you to easily create Architectural working drawings. Please see our website at http://www.icadsales.com for a full working thirty day trial for compatible architectural software for progeCAD IntelliCAD.

Thank you,
#278 by fra99le
Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:01 am
Are there any major users of this software and magazine reviews to boost its credibility? Unfortunately I don't know enough about architectural CAD software to trust myself to evaluate it thoroughly with a trial version, though I'll take a look, thanks.

PS is that a definitive 'no' to ArchT?
#279 by iCADsales.com
Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:06 am
I would say that if you can not load the .dll that it is a definate no to ArchT.

progeARCH has only been out since March of this year so we don't have any reviews. progeARCH provides everything you need to create working drawings, including creating wall, door, and window schedules. Go ahead and download the 30 day trial from www.icadsales.com and kick the tires for 30 days free and I think you will be satisfied it will do what you require at a price about a third of the ArchT product.
#280 by caddit
Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:38 am
Hi all,

There was a version of ArchT that worked with progeCAD 2006, but it had more bugs than customers.

fra99le, please post what you think of the brand new progeARCH product once you have tested it. I am sure we would be interested.
#281 by fra99le
Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:13 pm
ArchT costs $375 and progeARCH costs $275, so not a third of the cost, but yes, cheaper. I have downloaded the evaluation version, but as I say, I'm not the right person to evaluate it for myself even, let alone for the benefit of others, not having had any experience with architectural CAD before. If it does what I need (and I'll have to figure that out as I go) then I'll buy it. If someone more experienced wants to post a review for others, then I'd encourage that...
#282 by iCADsales.com
Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:21 am
Actually, there is no longer an Arch T by the auto d sys company. It is now called Accelli arch. It still probably wont run on progeCAD due to that developer probably tailoring it so it only runs on his platform.

Also, the price you quoted was underpriced. The latest price looks like it's $799 for the latest version that runs with the latest CAD engine from them.

You can get both progeCAD 2008 and progeARCH in a bundle for a couple hundred dollars less than "that other one". :-)
#296 by fra99le
Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:50 am
I've just auto-updated my progeCAD to a more recent version but I lost my progeARCH menus in the process. How can I get them back? Also, is it possible to extend the 30 day trial - I've got 12 days left but I've literally only just found time to start looking at it and working through the tutorial...
Thx.

PS that appears to be correct with regard to pricing and name - I think they've only just properly updated their website as I got my information from it a few weeks ago and it's now changed.
#328 by iCADsales.com
Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:58 pm
To regain your lost progeARCH Menus, you can check the readme file that was stored on your desktop when you installed the software. In the file it discusses what steps to take to reload your menus.

The thirty day trial can not be changed unfortunately.

Thank you