progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#267 by thelostclimber
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:55 am
I am having an issue with these.

Support gave me this list as a template from Autocad

0 Unspecified (No units)
1 Inches
2 Feet
3 Miles
4 Millimeters
5 Centimeters
6 Meters
7 Kilometers
8 Microinches
9 Mils
10 Yards
11 Angstroms
12 Nanometers
13 Microns
14 Decimeters
15 Decameters
16 Hectometers
17 Gigameters
18 Astronomical Units
19 Light Years
20 Parsecs

It seems that the default is 1 = inches, which is pretty useless unless you are in the USA.

This doesnt really make a difference to me but when Microstation users open the file everything is in inches.

I can change it by typing insunits then choosing, but cant find anywhere to set a default value for each new drawing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I cant really ever see the need to use light years or parsecs, but maybe if I start designing interstellar spacecraft it will come in handy.
#268 by caddit
Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:37 am
Hi. INSUNITS setting options exist mainly for AutoCAD compatibility (although the progeCAD distribution includes a demonstration file of a space ship :) One way you can set a custom INSUNITS value as "new-drawing-default" is by adding the setting to your icad.lsp:

(setvar "insunits" ?)

...WHERE THE ? REPRESENTS THE NUMERICAL VALUE YOU WANT TO ASSIGN TO INSUNITS AS DEFAULT.

icad.lsp is found in the directory you installed progeCAD to, usually "C:\Program Files\progeSOFT\progeCAD 2008 Pro ENG". If none exists you can create it.