progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2324 by Richard Handley
Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 am
progeCAD 2017 separates the image from attributes when draging and dropping blocks using insertion point or other grip. Blocks have to be moved using Move command. Cannot find a way to allow the normal drag and drop. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
#2325 by caddit
Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:29 pm
Hello Richard,

We discussed this with the escalation team and cannot duplicate your error.

Does this only occur with blocks from a specific drawing?

Do we understand it correctly, that this error is only affecting blocks with images for you?

What kind of images are embedded?

Thanks.
#2326 by Richard Handley
Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:49 pm
The problem occurs on new and old drawings and applies to all types of blocks including all of the iCADLib blocks.
The problem is separation of lines, arcs comprising the block from the attributes when moving the block using insertion point.
#2327 by caddit
Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:59 am
Hello Richard,

Perhaps we misunderstand what you are reporting?
Any time we move blocks via its grip or anchor point it works fine as shown in the image sequence below using random iCADlib block:

Image Image

Perhaps you can email us an example of what is not working for you?
Also, it could be simply your graphics display playing up on you - make sure you do a regen / refresh after the move to check this.
Finally, there is a new update for 2017.0.6 released today -> maybe this will help address the issue? Just a thought..

Let us know..
#2328 by Richard Handley
Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:56 am
For test I used the default Drawing1 and then inserted an electrical 3phase motor from the Blocks Manager Library. Using the Block Attribute Manager I reset the User1 and User2 attributes so that they were visible and setup with x2 text height.
I then selected the block insert point and dragged the block. To the same split result. Regen and Redraw were commanded to no result. I can see how to add an attachment but it doesn't seem to work.
#2330 by caddit
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 am
Hi Richard,

We would suggest that you go ahead and email an example, as opposed to trying to upload it to the forum.

Please email the drawing in question as well as any separate DWG block files to:

Thanks
#2332 by caddit
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:08 am
Hello Richard,

We have a new version of the software which should resolve this issue.

One of us will be contacting you shortly with a link for you to download.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.