progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2266 by swinny
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:57 am
Hi,

I am having real trouble with my new version of ProgeCAD - 2016. It is constantly crashing and causing further problems as a result of the crashes.

The crosshairs are now jerky and slow to follow the moiuse around. I cannot grip drawing objects.

Please, this is urgent as it is stopping me working.

Cheers,

Swinny
:?

#2268 by caddit
Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:32 pm
Dear swinny,

The usual questions to clarify:

Has this always been an issue or is this only recent (i.e. since the very recent update to 16.0.8.7)?

What version of Windows are you running also please?

What kind of graphics card are you using? Have you ever updated the driver for it?

Is this behaviour shown only with certain drawings or also when you start a new drawing from scratch?

Is there a possibility that system is infected with a virus or malware? Are there any "resource-intensive" processes running on the same PC consuming more than, say, 20% CPU (please check with process manager)?

As a general note, when it comes to performance related issues, we will always need the kind of information requested above. So when you have performance-related problems you can save waiting time by supplying the kind of information below in advance to start with, with each new discussion.