progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2256 by jbw-jbw
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:22 am
Hi There,

Anyone out there have any experience putting together a dynamic custom menu?

The plan is to have a custom menu grow or shrink without attending/accessing to users PCs.

I tried with icad.lsp and icaddoc.lsp but the custom menu gets loaded each time program starts or a document opened, ie multiple custom menu.

Regards

#2260 by caddit
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:38 pm
Dear jbw-jbw,

Just so that we understand correctly, are you looking for a kind of script?

yes icad.lsp is re-loaded with each new drawing, so you are looking for a way to deploy global menu customization to progeCAD unattended, correct?

By "custom menu grow or shrink" do mean to add and remove functions from the menu remotely, via remote script?

#2262 by jbw-jbw
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:15 am
Hi There,

In progeCAD2011, I have icad.lsp to load a custom (default set + extra) menu. All is good.

However, in progeCAD2016, the custom menu is appended each time I open a document.

How do I solve this issue?

Regards,

#2263 by caddit
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:46 am
Dear jbw-jbw,

Now we see the problem - the menu is written in very old IntelliCAD proprietary .icm format. Although we still technically support reading this menu format, it doesn't get a lot of support because for the last ten years we have been compatible with AutoCAD's .mnu format.

Going forward in any case it would be a good idea to be using .mnu instead of .icm files for your custom menus, as this is more universally accepted menu format by other CAD programs as well (e.g. AutoCAD).

The developers have confirmed with the following statement:
to add a custom menu or a toolbar, avoiding it to be duplicated each time you open a new drawing, you have to use the .mnu format document.

You always upload it with the same line of code:

(command "._menuload" "x:\\mypath\\custommenu.mnu")

For more details about the .mnu format please see page 58 "Tailoring progeCAD" which you can download toward the bottom of this page:
https://www.caddit.net/progecad/progecad.php