progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2198 by CreativeLance101
Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:38 am
I cant print or print preview - both cause progecad to freeze and become unresponsive. Could be a problem with the latest Windows 8 auto update? Doesnt matter what dwg i open, always the same problem. Tried restarting the PC and tried again, same issue
Ideas?
cheers, Lance

#2199 by caddit
Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:15 am
Hello CreativeLance101,

Which version of progeCAD are you using?

When using the latest version of Windows, we strongly also recommend using the latest version of progeCAD with it:
https://www.caddit.net/progecad/progecad.php

The reason for this is that only the latest version will continue to receive updates and fixes related to any changes or updates in Windows itself.

Can you please confirm the version which you are using? Thanks.

#2201 by CreativeLance101
Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:35 am
Progecad 2013 pro with licence dongle. Running it in compatibility mode for say windows 7 did not fix the problem

#2202 by CreativeLance101
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:47 pm
CreativeLance101 wrote:Progecad 2013 pro with licence dongle. Running it in compatibility mode for say windows 7 did not fix the problem

We have tested the PC and there are no issues with it. The problem appears to be with Progecad Professional 2013, and it is causing me grief not being able to print anything.
please advise

#2203 by CreativeLance101
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:51 pm
CreativeLance101 wrote:
CreativeLance101 wrote:Progecad 2013 pro with licence dongle. Running it in compatibility mode for say windows 7 did not fix the problem

We have tested the PC and there are no issues with it. The problem appears to be with Progecad Professional 2013, and it is causing me grief not being able to print anything.
please advise

Fixed the problem - using FILE > page setup manager > to set or select ANY page set up allows printing again without freezing the program
#2204 by CreativeLance101
Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:44 am
Seems that the fix wasnt what I thought it was. It seems to be caused by something screwy with default printers, which also affected office products like Word and Excel. Not exactly sure what fixes it, but the problem came back today and all i did was remove the OneNote printer (which we dont use) and change to a different default printer and then put the default back to the original printer then rebooted the PC. So, either the OneNote printer is th eissue or just an issue with Windows 8 with default printers. If the problem comes back again I will try only the default printer change to see if thats the fix