progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#232 by brendanh
Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 am
I'm having trouble with the 'linear dimensioning scale factor' in the Dimension Style window.

Story so far - just downloaded and installed 8.0.18.18 (trial version). I have used the A3 template, created a shape (circle inside a circle), created a single viewport and am applying dimensions to the circles in paper space.

The first time I use a diameter or radius command the dimension works fine. If I then issue another diameter or radius command the dimension value is wrong, it has been scaled. I then checked the Dimension Style/Units box and see that the 'Linear dimensioning scale factor' has changed from 1 to 1.6042.

I have found that if I apply the same dimensions while in model space or inside the viewport while in paper space then the dimensions work properly and the scale factor stays at 1.

So maybe its just a bug with dimensioning to model space objects while in paper space. Any hints ???