progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2117 by ftauto
Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 am
Hello,

I install progeCad2010 Professional on Windows 7 Enterprise.
But when i want to plot with progeSOFT PDF Printer or with ProgeSOFT JPG Printer does not worke.

In the Print Preview i see the Sate: Error
Can you help me please ?

#2135 by ftauto
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 am
Hello,

sorry for late reply i was ill.
So i try now to start install.exe here the log file

Windows 64-bit x86 Install
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing NUL: port
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking for existing PDF printer
Removing existing PDF printer
Removing PDF printer driver
Copying acfpdfamd64.dll file
Copying acfpdfuiamd64.dll file
Copying acfpdf.txt file
Copying cdintf.dll file
Copying cdintf.dll file
Copying xmllite.dll file
Error Code: 2
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Installing Amyuni PDF printer driver
Installing Amyuni PDF printer
Printer setup succeeded
Launch 'Install -u' to uninstall

but no succes

i can still not use the pdf plotter and jpeg plotter

Error Message:
Printer not activated, error code -20

#2136 by caddit
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:27 pm
hi ftauto,

The "Printer not activated Error code -20" is typically displayed when the PDF Converter encounters an issue with the activation code that is used to enable the printer.
Either an incorrect activation code was used, or the PDF Converter is unable to read the activation code (activation code registry entry was not found).
All users of the PDF Converter must have at least read/write privileges to the "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\ " and "HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software" keys in the registry.
If the user does not have permissions to access these keys, the conversion process will fail and the "Printer not activated Error code -20? error message will get generated.

To resolve this problem this is the list of steps to follow:

1. open the Windows Start menu
2. type REGEDIT in the command area (the blank space).
3. open the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software folder
4. look for the interested printer, right click it and click the Permissions... option
5. set the Permissions variable to Everyone
6. the "Full Control" and "Read" options must be enabled

#2137 by ftauto
Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 am
Hello,

Now it works. :D
I also must set the pdf and jpeg plotter on port null

Thank you for your help