progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2116 by michaelkinder
Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:57 am
Hi, I have been trying to set my dimension style type to annotative and adjust to the scale of the layout. My understanding is that all dimensions and leaders in viewports would adjust to the scale of the viewport. If I set my dimensions and leaders to 2.5mm then they should be shown always at 2.5mm regardless of the viewport scale. Is there a way this can be done and if so where and I going wrong. It just saves my having to adjust the size of the text manually depending on the scale of the drawing.

Thanks, Michael.

#2125 by caddit
Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:43 pm
Hello michaelkinder,

We have been looking into this, as this is the first time we have been asked for such a feature. Most versions of AutoCAD do not do what you describe.

We discover that "Annotation Autoscaling" is a fairly recent feature in AutoCAD. This feature is not yet available in progeCAD.

The ANNOAUTOSCALE setting currently present in progeCAD is only there for compatibility and its setting does not currently influence progeCAD behaviour.

Of course we can add new features at the request of our users, but there would need to be many different user requests for the same feature (such as for when we added the new Tables support).