progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#2067 by michaelkinder
Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:20 am
Hi, I have been trying to use the PUBLISH command for printing multiple layouts to a combined PDF file but found some of the xrefs are printing in reverse, it also prints all the background masks as black. This does not happen in the normal printing mode when printing to PDF. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.

#2070 by caddit
Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 am
Dear michaelkinder,

Are you using progeCAD or AutoCAD? Please confirm which version of software that you are using as well thank you.

Be aware that there is a new version of progeCAD released this weekend, 13.0.18 - please make sure that you are using this version and try the PUBLISH command again.

Does this only happen with one particular drawing?
#2072 by michaelkinder
Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:41 pm
Hi, I am using ProgeCAD and have now updated to the latest version but the result is the same.

I created a new file (drawing1) and added a background mask and leader with masked text and the PDF print still printed with a black block where the mask should be.

This happens on more than one of the DWG files so it is not file specific.

I tried some of the different settings on the mask itself and that has not helped. I can still print the files individually but it would be more convenient to combine them in one shot.

Thanks, Michael

#2075 by caddit
Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:14 pm
Dear michaelkinder,

There looks like there could be an issue we are investigating. Mainly it seems to happen if you set the mask to drawing background colour, or to white.

Thanks for bringing this up. Hopefully have more info soon, meanwhile in this case use PDF print command not publish. Or you could use another light colour instead of white for your background mask this seems to also work OK.