progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#188 by zoomout
Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:38 am
Just would like to ask if ProgeCad has express commands like AutoCad's "Layon", "Layiso", "Laythw", etc? i mean modifying the layers in a shortcut?

Example (Layer Thaw):
1) i typed in 'Layer'
2) it says i have to choose what to do (New/Make/Set/..On/Off/Thaw/Freeze..etc)
3) I chose 'T' for Thaw.
4) It's asking me for Layer(s) to thaw (same with other functions like turning a layer off, turning a layer on, freezing a layer, etc.);
i need to type in the exact layer name or else it won't work.
The cursor turns into a crosshair and not a "pick box", leaving me with no other choice than to type the exact layer name.

I know the easier way - Layer Manager, but for the sake of Cad users who rely so much on shortcut commands (mostly by typing in), is there a faster way? different keyboard commands, etc.? Will there be upgrades/solutions for this in the next releases?

Thanks again. Sorry for the numerous posts. I just would really like to know ProgeCad more.
#192 by caddit
Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:53 am
Hello,

progeCAD Express Tools offers all of these commands. Here are their keyboard equivalents:

fla - freeze layer by entity selection
mlf - multiple layer freeze by entity selection
thaw - thaw all layers

Please note that all keyboard commands are visibly shown at the prompt for commands you select from either a toolbar or menu (like the progeCAD Express Tools menu :) )

You can also use progeCAD Layers Explorer. The following text is directly from the searchable progeCAD help that comes in the progeCAD Professional download version:

To freeze or thaw layers
Do one of the following:
Choose Settings > Explore Layers.
On the Settings toolbar, click the Explore Layers tool ().
Type explayers and then press Enter.
In the Layer Name list, select the layers you want to freeze or thaw.

Do one of the following:
Choose View > Freeze/Thaw.
Right-click the layer you want to change, and from the shortcut menu, select Properties and freeze or thaw the layer.
Click the setting in the All Viewports column.
The All Viewports column shows the new setting.
To complete the command and return to your drawing, close the window.

HTH