progeCAD support, tips and troubleshooting forum. progeCAD works very similar to some versions of AutoCAD. Moderated.

Moderators: caddit, Moderators

#1899 by raycutting
Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 am
I have 2 queries that I haven't been able to solve using Progecad help. Can you please tell me how I can add a length edit button to the modify toolbar.
Also, when using commands such as fillet or radius, how do I keep the command active. At the moment when using these commands multiple times in a drawing I have to re-select each time I want to use it.
Regards Ray Cutting :?

#1913 by caddit
Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:39 am
Hello raycutting,

This is how the toolbar problem is solved in 2013...

If someone wants to add a specific button in progeCAD 2013, a desired function being assigned to it, to an existing toolbar, follow these steps:
- open the progeCAD 'Tools > Customize > Toolbars' menu
- Click the 'Customize' button
- Look for the a button that you want to be displayed and drag it to the target toolbar
- With the new button being selected, you could verify that a specific Command is assigned to it. Modify it with the desired one (EDITLEN)
-Precede EDITLEN with ^C^C^C (^C=Esc), to assure that the specific button will always run the desired function: ^C^C^C_editlen

Regarding the persistent "repeat" mode in fillet, I am unsure this can be changed, for compatibility reasons with AutoCAD. Can you verify a different (i.e. "keep the command active") option that exists in AutoCAD?

We are a little unclear about the exact requirement in the second request, perhaps some clarification and exact point of difference from AutoCAD would help us understand?
#1929 by raycutting
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 pm
Hi support.

I understand the procedure for adding a button to an existing toolbar (ProgeCad 2010). The problem is that the EDITLEN button exists in the main drop down menu, but not in the docked menu in the workspace.
As far as the 2nd query goes, I'm not familiar with Autocad but I used to use Design Cad where you could double click an icon such as radius or fillet in a toolbar to keep it active.
Regards Ray Cutting :?

#1930 by caddit
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:03 am
Dear raycutting,

Perhaps re-read the suggestion from our colleague, this time all of the way through :)

Note the additional steps at the end:
- With the new button being selected, you could verify that a specific Command is assigned to it. Modify it with the desired one (EDITLEN)
-Precede EDITLEN with ^C^C^C (^C=Esc), to assure that the specific button will always run the desired function: ^C^C^C_editlen

Please try it with progeCAD and let us know.